Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Chevy Shows Off Next Gen MyLink Infotainment System (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262905)

Angrybird 12 11-27-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAWMAN (Post 5852636)
Yeah,im a grandparent to 4 kids,i love it,but i do see what Russell is talking about,the over 60-65 aged people will not like it,but like Finnwick said,G.M. is no longer tageting the folks that are like 70 and up,

Don't go stereotyping all over 60 folks. My dad liked high tech stuff all the way up till in his late 80's. and I am just short of 60 myself and love the stuff.. So there are plenty of older people that are into anything high tech.

LAWMAN 11-27-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 (Post 5852665)
Don't go stereotyping all over 60 folks. My dad liked high tech stuff all the way up till in his late 80's. and I am just short of 60 myself and love the stuff.. So there are plenty of older people that are into anything high tech.

I was'nt intending to sterotype folks,but,the MAJORITY of folks that age will not like it,i myself have 73 yr.old inlaws,and they would not know where to begin,dont even have a computer,

FINALLYSATISFIED 11-27-2012 06:30 PM

Most 60-70 year olds I see are pushing a Corvette with their ball caps on that say "Corvette".

Number 3 11-27-2012 06:46 PM

First, this looks awesome.

Second, when the Buick Lucerne was introduced, it was (other than the old 3.8L V6) Leagues above the LeSabre it replaced. The LeSabre sold in droves. The Lucerne? Well it doesn't exist anymore. But it had more "complicated" switches and displays..........................and as a result what at least I perceived as a MUCH better car was torpedoed in JD Power rankings from it's buyers.

Lesson, you better know your customer.

Synerbee 11-27-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocity149 (Post 5851848)
i'm only 18, and personally I think that they should take a closer look at what cars they put this into. Cruze, Sonic, spark, ok. Impala, Malibu, Camaro, No. Camaro drivers (i'm assuming) are buying a Camaro, because it is a modern look on an old, prestiged design basis, and for the plain power in the camaro name. I stayed away from the 2013 because of MyLink. I would rather a foot-pedal-carbeurator v8, but you can't buy one of those anymore. Definately think that they should offer the MyLink as an option, and still keep the "oldschool" concepts as standard. (sounds funny coming from a kid)

Looks pretty nice tho...

You are pretty far off actually.The majority of a car forum, maybe, but a large amount of people who buy this car can't tell you the year the first Camaro came out.

Renegade 11-27-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 5851180)
And they'll have to adapt. The entire industry is moving in this direction. Either GM moves with it or gets left behind, simple as that.

:word: or either old people embrace technology or get left behind.

Grant 11-27-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepirate (Post 5851774)
anyone have an idea if this is new software, or a whole new system. in other words, for those who have the current mylink system, will we be able to upload the new mylink software, or will it not be compatible?

This is my question as well. The current MyLink is a little buggy.

phantom 11-27-2012 06:58 PM

Love it, 62 with IPhone./ IPad etc... Finally a move to catch Ford!

FINALLYSATISFIED 11-27-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps2ren (Post 5851959)
Google nav...... car companies please stop trying to reinvent the wheel, even apple can't beat google at its own game

What do you think other cell phones got their ideas from? Touchscreen cells, etc. by taking Apples ideas and reinventing them.

sspolo 11-27-2012 09:00 PM

They should have gone with Microsoft. I really doubt MyLink will compete with a software giant. Unless of course, Microsoft has an agreement with Ford.

sspolo 11-27-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 (Post 5853637)
What do you think other cell phones got their ideas from? Touchscreen cells, etc. by taking Apples ideas and reinventing them.

Sorry, but Apple is the one that reinvented what it has. Touch Screens, Smart phones, Apps have been in the market before Apple released the iPhone. They were just never integrated and advertised like Apple did.

GbrilliantQ 11-27-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 (Post 5853637)

I had two touch screen phones before the iPhone came out. I had an HTC touch HD in 2008 that has a 3.8" screen with two video cameras, it could send picture messages and take video...apple is really good at copying other peoples ideas.

There were tablets before the iPad and MP3 players before the iPod. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Angrybird 12 11-27-2012 09:10 PM

Arguing about Apple/Android is like arguing Ford/Chevy. They both have their points that people like one better than the other...

yellowrs 11-27-2012 09:20 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting !!