Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who going to CF 2015 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386912)

glc55 12-04-2014 12:33 PM

Who going to CF 2015

Any one going to Camaro Fest 2015? A nice long drive to Kentucky ? lol Greg :der:

Edlocs 12-04-2014 01:09 PM

Dang another fest in the east coast :cry:. Maybe time for another mini west coast fest like the one Stillen hosted.

Behic2320 12-04-2014 01:24 PM

yea......NOT. That's the lame thing they wont even acknowledge that we haven't had a fest even remotely close to us other than texas going on four years now

ron10 12-04-2014 01:27 PM

just made my reservations.

mlee 12-04-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 8096032)

It means a lot to have you guys... Hope to roll out the red carpet for CA.

TX was pretty pissed at Fest 4 and then they got theirs in 2014. Guarantee we are already looking your direction for 2016.

Hang in there and thanks for understanding.

So Cal Camaro 12-04-2014 01:39 PM

Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....

mlee 12-04-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro (Post 8096064)
Sorry, but it hasn't been anywhere near us for 4 years, which really sucks...it would be nice if it was within a days drive of us, which the midwest/middle of country has enjoyed the last 4 years....

Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.

Behic2320 12-04-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 8096080)
Completely understand... 1st 4 years it was a 2 day drive for the Texas crew as well. 5th year is a charm and hopefully we can make an announcement at BG that we're going to Fontana, Vegas or Chandler etc. Also hope we can enlist your help along the way. Hotel is the KEY.

I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years

mlee 12-04-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behic2320 (Post 8096124)
I understand the Texas groups frustration but the strove to include you guys and went there last year what I don't understand is how they have two feats out there and then go to Texas and now we go back out there it's like the west part of the country isn't even included. It should go west coast to the mid west to the east and then southern states all should get a chance rather than primarily play with the middle part of the country and the east for going on 5 out of 6 years

If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.

GTAHVIT 12-04-2014 02:31 PM

FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.

ddunerider 12-04-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro (Post 8096064)

Its ok Dannie we will find something to do...:happy0180:

Behic2320 12-04-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 8096201)
FWIW, almost half of the tracks we called were in AZ NV and CA. Price, Dates and GM's Availability were all a factor.

Some of the tracks out west never even called us back...

Again, I know it doesn't help. But we tried to give the West a fighting chance for C5F6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 8096182)
If there was anyway possible to do it out West this year it would be done.

Too many variables to debate as to why it didn't happen, but I can assure you just like it was in Texas... the West was top of the list.

Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far

mlee 12-04-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behic2320 (Post 8096558)
Not saying you guys did anything wron at all I just have had two camaros now and really love this site and the people around here and would have just liked to been able to at least try and take place in the fest but Kentucky is ridiculously far

...and that's really what it's about. Getting to meet and hang out with cyber friends from the forum. We are still actively trying to get this thing back out there. We know it must move around for this to happen but damn it's tough to get all the pieces to fall in place. Sorry it didn't happen this time but it ain't done yet.

Edlocs 12-04-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 8096032)

hmm anyone else notice his location :crazy: