Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   XM Radio Confusion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420779)

Strange Flavor 08-22-2015 07:58 PM

XM Radio Confusion

So long story short, I upgraded to mylink and went to activate XM. Called them, gave them the radio ID and my account info. The guy, who was really nice, told me I had an active 15 month special deal, full xm, Nav, weather and traffic. He said it was activated in December and it would be good until March 2016. He sent me the signal and the radio came on and everything worked fine. He gave me my new account number and told me to hang on the line and someone would cancel my old account and merge the info with this one. I thought great this is easy. Next some lady who wouldn't let me finish a sentence comes on and starts telling me that It's not activated, its some kind of demo and its not going to work right. She said she was going to cancel the demo and give me a 3 month trial. I told her no thanks and I would take my chances of the demo "not working". Seems to be working fine to me, anyone ever heard of this before?

jwhutton52 08-22-2015 09:37 PM

I upgraded my radio from Gen5DIY to add NAV. I called XM and they gave me a hard time. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she activated my replacement radio. I think it was because it was the free 1 year subscription that came with the car. They wanted a work order from the dealership which I didn't have because I did the work.

JCunningham 08-23-2015 04:05 AM

was it used? It sounds like the original owner had a subscription that did not get canceled. He paid for it or is paying for it.

sbubbaklein 08-23-2015 08:11 AM

xm forever

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCunningham (Post 8601650)
was it used? It sounds like the original owner had a subscription that did not get canceled. He paid for it or is paying for it.

Once XM has your credit card info, they will auto bill you forever. It is necessary to watch your billing and call them up until they get it right.

Strange Flavor 08-23-2015 09:10 AM

The first guy I talked to said it was a promotion. No name tied to the radio, it had been activated for a trial period.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Dznyfn 08-25-2015 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbubbaklein (Post 8601734)
Once XM has your credit card info, they will auto bill you forever. It is necessary to watch your billing and call them up until they get it right.

That is the reason I demand to be invoice billed, NEVER give them your CC!!! Service I love but the customer service is horrible

rvnmaniac 08-25-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbubbaklein (Post 8601734)

Credit card has to be renewed sooner or later just don't give them the renewed info...

CRF8 08-25-2015 09:29 AM

I pay by check a year at a time. Credit cards do expire but not yearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baum 08-25-2015 09:43 AM

i agree NO CC on file for them! i have them bill me. i only pay $25 for 6mo of service. everytime i get a bill its full price i call and threaten to cancel and tell them to give me the 6mo/$25 or i will cancel. i havent paid more than that for over 5 years now.

hell who am i to fool i havent paid for sat radio since oct last year on my camaro and i still get service :). i called to have them transfer it to my truck after the camaro was in service. apparently it never received the signal to cut service :)

StlRomAniaN 08-25-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baum (Post 8605302)
i agree NO CC on file for them! i have them bill me. i only pay $25 for 6mo of service. everytime i get a bill its full price i call and threaten to cancel and tell them to give me the 6mo/$25 or i will cancel. i havent paid more than that for over 5 years now.

hell who am i to fool i havent paid for sat radio since oct last year on my camaro and i still get service :). i called to have them transfer it to my truck after the camaro was in service. apparently it never received the signal to cut service :)

This. I've been paying that rate ever since 2011.

Strange Flavor 08-25-2015 10:27 AM

The $25 deal is usually what I do. I think it's weird how it's hit or miss on who wants to give it to you though. Sometimes I have to call a couple times before someone agrees and sometimes the first person gives it to me. Seems like they would get a lot more customers if they just made that their regular rate.

baum 08-26-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strange Flavor (Post 8605393)
The $25 deal is usually what I do. I think it's weird how it's hit or miss on who wants to give it to you though. Sometimes I have to call a couple times before someone agrees and sometimes the first person gives it to me. Seems like they would get a lot more customers if they just made that their regular rate.

i never have to call many times, i just get passed around from person to person until they do it. they know others will pay full price. especially the ones that like to stream it on a computer or app. with this price you cant do either. only in the car

Snoman 08-26-2015 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dznyfn (Post 8605025)
That is the reason I demand to be invoice billed, NEVER give them your CC!!! Service I love but the customer service is horrible

I've had the pleasure of a company refusing to remove my CC charge more than a few times.....let me just say that American Express is your best friend. Not even Discover will protect you like AMEX does.