Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   DO NOT give specific order/vin info on the site if getting a tune! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42403)

TAG UR IT 09-14-2009 12:45 PM

DO NOT give specific order/vin info on the site if getting a tune!

Quote:

"Also you may (or someone else may) want to post that these people posting about "undetectable tunes" and how bad they want them for their cars ect REALLY shouldn't be posting their order #'s VIN #'s ect... GM monitors the hell out of this site and its hilarious to see people posting that with all their personal info right there"

Just lookin out for the members

This is coming from someone who has pretty good knowledge of the workings at GM.

If you want and get a tune, for the love of _____, remember that I can easily read your other posts, find that post with your order number or your vin, run the info (if I worked for GM), see the tune, and VOID your warranty. It's VERY easy to do if someone from the GM warranty dept IF they wanted to do it. It would not surprise me if they did. After all, it saves GM big bucks if they can avoid spending upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars in warranty claims that aren't the fault of the manufacturer.

Guys. If you want to get a tune and don't care about your warranty, go for it. You have nothing to lose.

If you want a tune and do NOT want GM to know about it, use your head and don't post up that you got one on the site.... That's just called common sense. That goes for the "undetectable tunes" as well....since we all know that NO tuner will warranty their undetectable tune....which they claim GM won't be able to see. If they can't see it....why not warranty the tune?

......EXACTLY.

Anyway...that's all I have to say about that.

I've been asked to warn ya'll about posting your tune info on the boards. I'm doing this for the good of the member.

And for those who are curious?....no, I don't have a tune. No, I'm not getting a tune. Not until AFTER my warranty expires.

ShnOmac 09-14-2009 12:56 PM

Good post Tag :thumbsup:

HP junky 09-14-2009 03:19 PM

Thanks Tag. :thumbup:

1320junkie 09-16-2009 12:02 AM

lol

khislop007 09-16-2009 07:02 AM

:word:

TJ91 09-24-2009 12:07 AM

Great post Tag, didnt even think of that! :) But im not getting a tune anyways but its still nice to warn others

drtwo 10-12-2009 10:14 PM

P a R a N o I a :facepalm::facepalm:

GaryTucker 10-30-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drtwo (Post 1037207)
P a R a N o I a

Not really as some manufacturers...and even some larger dealers pay people to do just what the original poster mentioned.

I love seeing the dyno graphs and all that splashed into the forums too. Just because you don't post that you got a tune or you use the "codewords" for tuning, doesn't mean someone won't find it.

The people that are surfing forums looking for this information aren't village idiots...they are usually pretty smart folks and they get paid well (at least the ones I've met do). They will blend in, post up pics of "their" car and get into the "know" before they ever start investigating. You can say paranoia all day long...but I can tell you it is happening.

camaro1 10-30-2009 02:04 PM

my car is 100% stock, everything i have posted was a Visual / written Illusion

GTAHVIT 10-30-2009 02:19 PM

I can tell you all with complete confidence. GM monitors this site regularly and primarily for feedback on what we are happy and upset with regarding the Camaro. And I'm not talking about our GM insiders either...

So be careful what you post about your car... Just sayin.

G8GT4now 10-30-2009 04:42 PM

GM really pays people to read this site? Can I have an application please?

GTAHVIT 10-30-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G8GT4now (Post 1112426)
GM really pays people to read this site. Can I have an application please?

LMAO

Uhm I wouldn't say they are payed to view this site but it is certainly one of the ways they do market research...

;)

NAHURRY 10-30-2009 05:13 PM

Thanks mods! Really cool of ya.

BTW...I'm not doing any mods untill warranty is over...just saying.

camaro5 10-30-2009 07:20 PM

Good info.