Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More spy pics from the Big D (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2830)

09'Z28 02-12-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 44737)
:happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: :happyanim: That's freakin' AWESOME!!!

(Oh, but snow...and Camaro...:cry: :cry: )

The MOHAWK IS STILL THERE!!!!! :happyanim:

And you're right! That IS a small car! The roof just barely reaches the hoodline of the Silverado!

Who was it around here that was looking for more spy pics?? :cool:

oh, i bet it's a riot in the snow (provided you know how to drive in it)

eR1c 02-12-2008 03:47 PM

I am beginning to like the Camaro again... early prototype photos weren't looking so hot in my opinion. Yet, I think I am going to have to see one in person to make my final decision. I am seriously thinking of getting one of these next year (or whenever they come out)... so far it's either the camaro or a Cayman.

I think if I were to buy the Camaro I'd have to purchase some aftermarket mod's to get it mean and tough looking.

Here's what I'd do:

-get rid of the dual front lights and convert to one single halo style light... it's just super mean looking w/ one light in the front. (I am sure someone will offer an aftermarket mod for this).

-cut out the rear vents and make them functional

-racing stripes (if not a factory option) are a must

-tint the windows slightly

...that's about all I can think of...probably wouldn't set you back more than a couple grand.

Moose 02-12-2008 03:50 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Beautiful

:thanks: :thanks:

Camaro Lives On 02-12-2008 03:58 PM

well, im hooked once again. i thinkn that is the first time ive seen a staright on shot of the front, and those double headlight (i know, they are from the autozone parts bin) look really cool, and would make a cool production option. im loving the reverse mohawk, im glad that stayed. every time i see this thing, it gets better and better, and i love it

dhop 02-12-2008 04:01 PM

I would like to see the crew get inventive with the gas cap - like the old Caddy that had the gas cap in the taillight or maybe try to put under the license plate

Anyway I am buying - the pics are great and the lines on the car still get me very excited - she is beautiful!

DGthe3 02-12-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eR1c (Post 44815)
I am beginning to like the Camaro again... early prototype photos weren't looking so hot in my opinion. Yet, I think I am going to have to see one in person to make my final decision. I am seriously thinking of getting one of these next year (or whenever they come out)... so far it's either the camaro or a Cayman.

I think if I were to buy the Camaro I'd have to purchase some aftermarket mod's to get it mean and tough looking.

Here's what I'd do:

-get rid of the dual front lights and convert to one single halo style light... it's just super mean looking w/ one light in the front. (I am sure someone will offer an aftermarket mod for this).

-racing stripes (if not a factory option) are a must

-tint the windows slightly

...that's about all I can think of...probably wouldn't set you back more than a couple grand.

And there is a good chance that much of that may be done from the factory, the lights are most likely going to be single (we were told that the prototype lights weren't the real ones, but I dont think that we were told what the real ones would be like). And they may or may not be halo's.

The vents may or may not get cut out, but even if they were they won't be truly functional. They will just get a little bit more air back there, if they are cut out. But they won't have ducting directing the air to the brakes.

Stripes will likely be availible from the factory, almost always have been for the Camaro as far as I know.

And the tint, that could probably be done for you by the time you pick it up, unless you mean like a red or green tint to match the body. If thats the case . . .

EllwynX 02-12-2008 04:08 PM

I gotta say, I'm not feeling it in black. I liked the white MUCH better.

Georgianne 02-12-2008 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=eR1c;44815]
Here's what I'd do:

-cut out the rear vents and make them functional [QUOTE]

Can you do that?

TheMadHatter99 02-12-2008 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=Georgianne;44825][QUOTE=eR1c;44815]
Here's what I'd do:

Quote:

Can you do that?
Sure, if you really wanted to. Cut the plastic out and then feed a duct from the openings back to the brakes.

smike07 02-12-2008 04:33 PM

Man, I appreciate the pics, I really do, but if I were in an area where I could get a still shot of the Camaro without anyone seeing, or too far away to catch me, (like the one with the camo) I'd get the flash ready on my camera, stick it underneath the beast, start snapping away until someone noticed me and run away. That would be a wonderful day for all of us once they were posted. Okay, I'll wake up now. Speaking of, are there any smilies that are sleeping, and get pinched awake?

Killer CamAro 02-12-2008 04:48 PM

Well I'm glad somethng surfaced, most of us here were actin like bitchy women :mad0233: It looks kinda crapy whith dirty rims, come on gm you cant let a car that pertty look bad, even if its in the snow. Theres a great invention called the Camaro wash aka. carwash ( if anyone didnt get that :suicide: ) but either way i would still be droolin if it passed by me lookin like that. :coolpics: awesome pics

Jeff 02-12-2008 05:19 PM

Great pics. Someone in GM needs to take pictures of the pre production model from all angels... and under the hood..... Just a matter of time before something like that pops up..

swazworth 02-12-2008 05:22 PM

that is freaking sick. the black looks killer, now with some blacked out windows.........

Fbodybuddy 02-12-2008 05:24 PM

Forget the pi$$ing and moaning about the dual headlamps!!!!! Fo'get the bitchin' about the gas cap!!! WHERE DO I SIGN???????? This definitely has to be a V8 model. If this thing looks as good in person as the pictures, I'll have to bring a change of underwear when I see it. For those who don't want to partake get out of line so I can move up one space. Black with silver stripes, Z/28, oh boy!:thumbsup: :coolpics: :bangdesk: :D :) :bonk: :respekt: :wub: