Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   For The CAD & 3D Folks (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3908)

Steven Simply 04-26-2008 11:52 AM

Deleted.

GTAHVIT 04-26-2008 01:06 PM

That is AWesome!

I downloaded lightwave and have been going through some of the online tutorials.... Uh HOLY crap this stuff is intense. I also joined cgtalk, but it was way overwhelming. I was lost. Still playing with it. Very cool!

Thanks again!

Eisenhower 04-26-2008 01:37 PM

Sweet, man!!!! I may give it a go!:w00t:

Steven Simply 04-26-2008 01:57 PM

gtahvit

Don't let it get you to discouraged. It can be tough at times but it does get easier. Don't try anything to complicated at first, just keep things simple. What your waiting for is that moment when you realize you have a modeling philosophy that you know you can apply to anything you want to model. Eventually you get to the point where it sorta becomes like the Matrix, where everything you look at is in a green code/wireframe, and you don't have to think about it anymore, you just see it. First though, you have to learn the programs of course, and I think that can take the bulk of the time, just trying to remember where the right tools are and what they all do, keyboard shortcuts, etc. Just stick with it, and don't hesitate to ask me any questions, I'll be glad to help. In all honesty though, I'm somewhat surprised you didn't go with Maya, or one of the other more popular programs. I've been getting into Maya mostly for its NURBS tools, which Lightwave doesn't have and seriously needs. I love Lightwave for polygonal modeling though, but since it doesn't have NURBS tools, I've been playing with another program called MoI, which can export to Lightwave. It is so unbelievably easy to use, and fun too oddly enough. You can download a couple of different trial versions of that here. If you decide you like Lightwave, you may not want to get to comfortable with it just yet, I don't know which version you have, but 9.5 is supposed to be coming out soon, and is supposed to have some big differences tool wise, specifically things like the lighting system, which for all I know you may not have even used yet. If you haven't already checked this place out yet, this is the Newtek Lightwave forum, where you can find a lot of help and just general Lightwave what nots. Most importantly of all, just remember to have fun!:)

Steven Simply 04-26-2008 01:58 PM

Eisenhower,

Which program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Glad I could help!

wild_weasel 04-26-2008 02:08 PM

Dude, as a guy with a tiny bit of experience doing stuff in CATIA, that is seriously AWESOME. Took a lof of work I can tell, and it looks amazing. Im sure this will be showing up in the photoshop thread with a million different color schemes on it.

Eisenhower 04-26-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Simply (Post 65845)
Eisenhower,

Which program do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Glad I could help!

No prob, I use Cinema 4D.

DGthe3 04-26-2008 02:32 PM

I've worked with UGS and SolidWorks. That looks awesome, I can tell it took some time to do that. Good job

LadiesMan217 04-26-2008 04:02 PM

My company is in the process of getting AutoCAD Inventor (has anybody used it?) I'm really looking forward to playing around with it.

I did use CATIA all of the time when we were working on a project for M.I.T. but haven't touched it in a few years.

Eisenhower 04-26-2008 07:54 PM

@ Steven Simply, did you model the Camaro in Max?

Uh, since we're on the topic of 3D~ I thought that this was an interesting video.

Here's another one.

crazz28 04-26-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 (Post 65867)
My company is in the process of getting AutoCAD Inventor (has anybody used it?) I'm really looking forward to playing around with it.

I did use CATIA all of the time when we were working on a project for M.I.T. but haven't touched it in a few years.

I've used it very very briefly. I'm trying to teach myself but have been busy with other things so that's been on hold for a couple months. I think once you can get a hang of it, you can do some pretty amazing stuff, like design your own custom exhaust setup or anything you can think of.
I'm 22 and finding that it's about the same learning curve as it was learning AutoCAD for the first time.

Warghost 04-26-2008 08:37 PM

The flared fenders look superb! Too bad GM isn't making them that aggressive. :(

The_Blur 04-26-2008 08:53 PM

You are the imaging master.

Wikkid1 04-26-2008 09:23 PM

Are you willing to share the model itself, for those of us who want to play around with it?