Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   3rd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   My recently finished 85 was stolen!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10991)

Supercamaro64 12-27-2008 05:20 PM

My recently finished 85 was stolen!!

hey guys, my 1985 camaro berlinetta was stolen the other day, and i was wondering if anyone happened to kno any tips on locating it. it was kind of ironic though, cuz i had just bought an 86 camaro the same day as a project car, and then the one i just finished gets stolen. i have both sets of keys, so i think they mustve hotwired it. i didnt see the ppl who did it, but its nowhere to be found. if anyone has any tips, please let me kno.

FASTZ2895 12-27-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 (Post 226588)
hey guys, my 1985 camaro berlinetta was stolen the other day, and i was wondering if anyone happened to kno any tips on locating it. it was kind of ironic though, cuz i had just bought an 86 camaro the same day as a project car, and then the one i just finished gets stolen. i have both sets of keys, so i think they mustve hotwired it. i didnt see the ppl who did it, but its nowhere to be found. if anyone has any tips, please let me kno.

I'm sorry to hear your ride was stolen. I now how that may feel:mad0259:. To me it felt I had been violated. How could they steal my car!!!!

I hope and wish you the best in fining your car:help:

xxalexmxx8926 12-27-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

that sucks!!!!! :( I would :cry: if anyone stole my car. Good luck finding it, and beat the crap out of whoever it was that did it. :paddle:

Supercamaro64 12-27-2008 05:57 PM

haha thnx guys. its just tht iv been working on tht car since before it was legal for me to drive it lol. 4 years of work gone in the 30 minutes i was away from the car. at least i still hav the 86 i just got

Moose 12-27-2008 06:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your Camaro. :(

I had an "issue" when I owned my '89; nothing was taken, and the police said the thiefs were after the car, not the contents. They also informed me that some thiefs will drag the cars onto a flatbed truck to steal it. :mad0260:

As for locating your car, I'd keep an eye out at local shops, check the classified, (they may be stupid enough to try and sell it), or, check less used roadways as they maybe took it for the thrill of stealing it for a joyride and nothing more. :iono:

I hope you locate it soon.

For future reference; the police told me I could invest in an elaborate security system, but thiefs can either disable most now, or they will just pull wires to shut it off. Their best advice was to stop at a 'Pep Boys' and buy fake alarm decals, 'The Club', etc., the thought being, any system can be overcome, but you want to give the person thinking of breaking into your car, more obstacles to overcome. If they perceive your car as taking more time to steal, they'll move on. Hopefully....

Good luck. ;)

FASTZ2895 12-27-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 (Post 226607)
haha thnx guys. its just tht iv been working on tht car since before it was legal for me to drive it lol. 4 years of work gone in the 30 minutes i was away from the car. at least i still hav the 86 i just got

I just moved from Milwaukee in November 08. If the car was stolen in Milwaukee area. I might have some friends on the police dept to could help! :drinking:

Steve 12-27-2008 09:08 PM

That's a bummer! Be sure to keep the Onstar payment current on the new one.

Long Live Camaro!

Quote:

Supercamaro64 12-27-2008 10:09 PM

it wasnt stolen in wisconsin, it was in minnesota

POWERFREAK 12-28-2008 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 (Post 226741)
it wasnt stolen in wisconsin, it was in minnesota

sorry to hear that...why don't you post pix? and plaster them on all the camaro sites asking for people to keep an eye out? Can't hurt.