Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New movies your wanting to see??? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1366)

Dark Knight 08-08-2007 08:11 AM

New movies your wanting to see???

so yeah i'm bored and was reading a thread on here about the preview before transformers that is the godzilla LIKE thing jj abrahams is doing. So it made me wonder what movies are your guys dying to see that you have heard about? It looks as though there are alot of good things in the works from what i have read off and on.

Me personally am extremely anxious for The Dark Knight of course. But there are others like Iron Man which looks good. Also Rescue Dawn looks like it's gonna be pretty interesting.

MerF 08-08-2007 08:42 AM

The only movies I ever know about are because the once or twice a year I GO to the moveis I see previews. Then I'm like "I want to see that" and never remember wanting to see it.

I'm a recluse of sorts really.

However, since starting up dating recently, I've seen Transformers twice, and Simpsons.

Still need to see Harry Potter, but the GF is way behind the times and hasn't seen any of them yet!!

Sad, but true.

So yeah, I guess the only two cents I have to throw out there is I need to see Harry Potter.

acscamarochick06 08-08-2007 08:53 AM

I want to see The Simpsons Movie and Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix. But I'm waiting to rent because I absolutely hate goinig to the movie theater. People let their kids run wild and run up and down the aisles, there is sticky crap all over the floor...

If I'm at home and I have to pee, all I have to do is hit "pause"... Instead of getting up and walking to the bathroom and trying to strain my ears to hear what's going on because I got up and left & then something BIG happened!

Dark Knight 08-08-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 (Post 18722)
People let their kids run wild and run up and down the aisles

Ugh i know what ya mean! I hated watching the simpsons movie cause it was a bunch of kids. There was a kid that sat right behind me and he laughed as though he was having an asthma attack. The worse part is he laughed at scenes noone else thought was funny so it was VERY loud! I hated that kid and wanted to dump my coke all over his ass.

MerF 08-08-2007 09:21 AM

I would have felt pretty stupid taking my kid to see that movie...I almost suggested it.

Warning parents, no young children in Simpsons!

SSMUFF 08-08-2007 09:42 AM

Usually don't go to the movies. I just buy them once they come out at Hollywood or Blockbuster. Wait for the sales and buy used. Same prices as going to a packed movie theater but I can watch it over and over and have all the comforts of my home.

Transformers, Harry Potter, Bourne!

TAG UR IT 08-08-2007 10:37 AM

The Bourne Supremacy?...Identity? Which ever the new Bourne movie is. I loved the last two and can't wait to see the new one. There's a few others I want to see, but just can't remember the names of them now.

On a side note, I hate the jerks in the movie theaters...cell phone users, talkers, people who kick my chair, the kids who run in and out and parents don't care. I could go on forever on this one. But, as a P.O, I had a call to the movie theater for an assault. I ask what happened. Old guy and his wife are enjoying a movie when a group of 13 year old girls sit in front of them. Two of them continue talking on the phone. Guy asks them to stop. One girl does. The other hangs up, but starts texting. Her phone rings. She picks it up. He tells her to knock it off or she's going to have problems. She stops. Now...instead of turning off her phone, she just hangs up. Phone rings moments later and she answers. BAM! Old guy whacks her on the back of the head in a "glancing" or "brushing" motion. In other words, he doens't "hit" her directly on the head. I looked at the guy and was like...good for you! That'll teach that stupid girl...even though I HAD to write it up as an assault.

I let the guy go at the same time I found out that the girl was the younger sister of a cadet in our police academy. My partner out there found this out as well and gave mom (who later showed up) and the girl a "nice" heads up on ettiquette and politeness while in the movie theater. The cadet showed up, we talked, and he gave his lil' sis a huge ration of crap. That was kinda cool.

Dark Knight 08-08-2007 11:10 AM

HA!! great story TAG!! There have been so many times i have wanted to do that and came really really close but kept my cool.

The thing i hate THE MOST is when people talk to the screen as if the people in the movie can hear them!! And i'm not racist or anything but it always seems that it's the same "type" of people that do it. They are especially bad when it's a scary movie. Dawn of the dead had one of those types of people and some guy stood up and said "shut the hell up bitch"....he got an applause for the rest of the people in there.

Silverado 08-08-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 18720)
Still need to see Harry Potter, but the GF is way behind the times and hasn't seen any of them yet!!

Sad, but true.

Alright I know I'm going to take a lot of crap for this, but I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies (one of them was on TV a couple weeks ago, and I saw about 10 minutes of it towards the end, but....). To add to the crap that I'm going to get....I have no desire to see any of them.

The Bourne movie that's out now is about the only thing I want to see....there was one coming out too that looked good, but I'll have to see the commercial again before I remember what it was (I just don't pay attention to commercials, so sometimes I miss details in them...you know, like movie names....lol).

EllwynX 08-08-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

I want to see The Simpsons Movie and Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix. But I'm waiting to rent because I absolutely hate goinig to the movie theater. People let their kids run wild and run up and down the aisles, there is sticky crap all over the floor...

LOL Where do you go to see movies??? I've never had such a bad experience.

Simpsons would be ok to wait for DVD. But Order of the Phoenix, we went to see in iMax 3D (20 mins of the climax were in 3D) and now I can't imagine watching it non-3D.

Quote:

If I'm at home and I have to pee, all I have to do is hit "pause"... Instead of getting up and walking to the bathroom and trying to strain my ears to hear what's going on because I got up and left & then something BIG happened!

Or you could just use the bathroom before going to the theatre. LOL

EllwynX 08-08-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerF (Post 18726)
I would have felt pretty stupid taking my kid to see that movie...I almost suggested it.

Warning parents, no young children in Simpsons!

Simpsons wasn't that bad. I wouldn't have a problem taking my 5 year old nephew to see it at all. It was like watching a PG13 version of the TV show is all.

There were quite a few kids when we went, but they were all very well behaved.

EllwynX 08-08-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMUFF (Post 18728)
Usually don't go to the movies. I just buy them once they come out at Hollywood or Blockbuster. Wait for the sales and buy used. Same prices as going to a packed movie theater but I can watch it over and over and have all the comforts of my home.

Transformers, Harry Potter, Bourne!

But watching it at home lacks the effect of the big screen.

Some movies just HAVE to bee see on the big screen (Transformers for sure).

Now when my basement gets transformed into a home theatre in the next couple years, it will be much nicer. :) But I'll still some many movies in the theatre.

EllwynX 08-08-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverado (Post 18746)
Alright I know I'm going to take a lot of crap for this, but I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies (one of them was on TV a couple weeks ago, and I saw about 10 minutes of it towards the end, but....). To add to the crap that I'm going to get....I have no desire to see any of them.

I doubt anyone will give you 'a lot of crap' for not being interested in Harry Potter. Not everyone is. I know a number of people who think it's stupid.

We all have different tastes (though the world would be a much better place if everyones interests mirrored mine LOL).

I personally love Fantasy/Sci-Fi, have seen/own all the Harry Potter movies as well as every super hero movie in the last 10 years or so. But can't stand most things historical, war-related, police related or mob related (HATED the boring @$$ Sopranos).

Oh, and I've read every Harry Potter book. ;) Sad to know that my years of waiting for 'the new Harry Potter' are over. :(

bprange 08-08-2007 12:34 PM

The Bourne Ultimatum is on my list as well as Superbad. I am a big fan of the T.V. series Arrested Development and one of the actors from the show is in this movie (that and it looked pretty funny: http://www.wellfedd.com/video/168).