Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Great Lakes (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Northern Michigan Camaros (Traverse City and North) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139809)

Kyle.Gilmour 04-08-2011 10:42 AM

Northern Michigan Camaros (Traverse City and North)

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Camaro5ers,

I have been browsing this section for a while, chatted up some of the Detroit guys, I plan to head south and join their meets when I can, but was more curious as to people more local to my area.

Do we have anyone up near Traverse City, Cadillac, Kalkaska, Gaylord, Petoskey, or even as far up as Mackinaw City/St Ignace? I know Rico from Mt Pleasant will be making some trips up north :thumbup:

I know there are few decent car shows in the area. And I am always down for heading to a track or just cruising around the GT Bay or the Peninsula.

So,... where are you Up North guys!

rico-2SS 04-08-2011 11:03 AM

Hey Kyle
I will frequent the Boyne City and Bay Harbor/Petosky area. I am sure I will be seeing you around.
Running the Bay Shore 1/2 marathon Memorial weekend in TC. Wonder if you will be around then?

Have fun at the fest, be safe and tell everyone I said hi

Kyle.Gilmour 04-08-2011 11:31 AM

Yea, I will def be in the area on Memorial Weekend. Call me for sure

snosports 04-10-2011 12:16 PM

Hi Kyle, Brutus Michigan is my home. 25 miles south of Mackinaw City. M119 is one of my favorite roads in off season when bicycle and scenic traffic is lower.

Kyle.Gilmour 04-10-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snosports (Post 3077876)
Hi Kyle, Brutus Michigan is my home. 25 miles south of Mackinaw City. M119 is one of my favorite roads in off season when bicycle and scenic traffic is lower.

I have never been through Brutus, might have to make a trip over that way.
119 is awesome... i took my camaro through the tunnel of trees and stopped in Cross Village before heading up to the bridge.

Kyle.Gilmour 05-26-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico-2SS (Post 3070497)
Hey Kyle
I will frequent the Boyne City and Bay Harbor/Petosky area. I am sure I will be seeing you around.
Running the Bay Shore 1/2 marathon Memorial weekend in TC. Wonder if you will be around then?

Have fun at the fest, be safe and tell everyone I said hi

Memorial Weekend is here... and I am living up north...

Get at me Rick

Forza 05-26-2011 10:20 AM

Not sure if you know about the project I've been working on for us Camaro5 members. If not its called CamaroOwnersNearMe.com

You can check it out, and see who from Camaro5, lives near you.

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 3070404)
Hey Camaro5ers,

Do we have anyone up near Traverse City, Cadillac, Kalkaska, Gaylord, Petoskey, or even as far up as Mackinaw City/St Ignace? I know Rico from Mt Pleasant will be making some trips up north :thumbup:

I know there are few decent car shows in the area. And I am always down for heading to a track or just cruising around the GT Bay or the Peninsula.

So,... where are you Up North guys!

Wingsfan 05-26-2011 03:08 PM

I live in Farwell about 15 miles northwest of Mt. Pleasant

Kyle.Gilmour 05-27-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forza (Post 3266269)
Not sure if you know about the project I've been working on for us Camaro5 members. If not its called CamaroOwnersNearMe.com
You can check it out, and see who from Camaro5, lives near you.
;)

I did NOT know about this... but will be going there right now! thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingsfan (Post 3267468)
I live in Farwell about 15 miles northwest of Mt. Pleasant

Awesome, I know that area well, I went to CMU for... more than the required 4 years, hahaha

Let me know if there are any shows going on near MTP!

rico-2SS 05-27-2011 12:41 PM

I might make a show in that MTP area as well. My stopping grounds for 13 years. New home a little east now so will keep my eyes piled for this area.

I'll hopefully touch base with you this weekend KG.
BTW when is the St Ignace show? July??? You doing that one?

Qwkss 05-27-2011 02:45 PM

We use to have a Cabin at Caberfae Resort outside of Cadillac. Great area for snowmobiling!:)

My sister is getting married in Lake Charlevoix on July 8th weekend. Anything to do up there on that weekend? Not sure if I will have to time to do anytyhing other than wedding stuff, but Im sure I might be able to sneak my kids out to a car show for a bit.:D

detroitjohnny 05-30-2011 01:43 PM

I'm in TC. Picked up my 2SS a couple weeks ago. You head to the Culvers monday night car cruises yet? Usually quite a few cars there.

Johnny

Kyle.Gilmour 05-31-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitjohnny (Post 3280245)
I'm in TC. Picked up my 2SS a couple weeks ago. You head to the Culvers monday night car cruises yet? Usually quite a few cars there.

Johnny

Really... great Johnny, I usually am out of of town M-Th, but I would like to meet up with you on a weekend some time.... lets go mustang hunting. hahaha.

detroitjohnny 05-31-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 3283456)
Really... great Johnny, I usually am out of of town M-Th, but I would like to meet up with you on a weekend some time.... lets go mustang hunting. hahaha.

Ha ha!! Sounds good. Culvers is ok to head to once in a while, and I've had cars in the cherry festivsl/haggeerty show in July every couple years. The scene up here is pretty small, and most of the guys know each others cars. I've never gotten that into it up here because its always the same cars no matter where you go. Pretty "cliquey" IMHO. I've got a couple old Volkswagens (air cooled), one on air, and don't seem to fit in all that well since I sold my last Mach 1. But thats also me just whining. :)

Pm me your number and we'll go rolling. :thumbup: