Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Look of the Mufflers (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22450)

Camaro509 05-12-2009 10:55 AM

Look of the Mufflers

I know the stock mufflers sound good, and I know they've been 'tuned' but...

Does anyone else think they look like crap? Not sure if it is years of 'programming' and seeing a 'normal' muffler that for some reason these really odd shaped things don't do anything for me. To me it looks like they were designed solely based on the available space and the shape they had to work with.

Can only imagine that they will be a premium cost when it is time to replace them (if you stay with stock).

Not a deal breaker by any means, but wow do they look goofy to me, specially considering that they are visible from the low-rear.

BackinBlackSS/RS 05-12-2009 10:57 AM

Those are the reserve gas tanks.:scared0016:

20 Camaro 10 05-12-2009 11:07 AM

:yikes:maybe added storage space?....:yikes:

Camaro509 05-12-2009 11:10 AM

Maybe this is where Shunt ended up?

Ltdodge 05-12-2009 12:29 PM

first thing i will do is buy a couple cans of high heat paint and paint them black.....

then they will blend with the undercarriage until I install a new exhaust system

zebra 05-12-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltdodge (Post 480311)
first thing i will do is buy a couple cans of high heat paint and paint them black.....

then they will blend with the undercarriage until I install a new exhaust system

that sounds like a plan!

LDGn63 05-12-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltdodge (Post 480311)

AMEN!
just gotta get it on a lift and do it right!

i already got the can!

Airforce1 05-12-2009 01:43 PM

The mother of all things Black spray paint

Edrock 05-12-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro509 (Post 479948)
I know the stock mufflers sound good, and I know they've been 'tuned' but...

Does anyone else think they look like crap? Not sure if it is years of 'programming' and seeing a 'normal' muffler that for some reason these really odd shaped things don't do anything for me. To me it looks like they were designed solely based on the available space and the shape they had to work with.

Can only imagine that they will be a premium cost when it is time to replace them (if you stay with stock).

Not a deal breaker by any means, but wow do they look goofy to me, specially considering that they are visible from the low-rear.

You say they sound good and they are tuned. Well, at the reveal at the Terry Labonte Dealership on May 6th, I had a chance to sit in the Richmond, Va. pacecar (2SS). My salesman handed me the keys and said crank her up. I did and revved a little. Couldn't hear it. He said rev one more time and shut her down. This time I revved it good, well above 3000 RPMs. I heard it that time but still not impressed like I thought I'd be.

SO, When I find out when my 2SS is ready to pick up at the dealer (Lord knows when - been waiting over 7 months) I'm making an appointment at a local muffler shop and changing them out quickly the next day.

IMO, the stock mufflers are too quiet and therefore lame.

Crowley 05-12-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edrock (Post 480558)
You say they sound good and they are tuned. Well, at the reveal at the Terry Labonte Dealership on May 6th, I had a chance to sit in the Richmond, Va. pacecar (2SS). My salesman handed me the keys and said crank her up. I did and revved a little. Couldn't hear it. He said rev one more time and shut her down. This time I revved it good, well above 3000 RPMs. I heard it that time but still not impressed like I thought I'd be.

SO, When I find out when my 2SS is ready to pick up at the dealer (Lord knows when - been waiting over 7 months) I'm making an appointment at a local muffler shop and changing them out quickly the next day.

IMO, the stock mufflers are too quiet and therefore lame.

LOL ... that last line made me laugh .... It doesn't mean it is lame .. just quiet ...

Crowley

GMtothecore 05-12-2009 03:11 PM

totally understand....wierd appearance, not loud.....neither are bad, but I too am going to try out some Super 44 Flow's probably.

SSCamaro2010 05-12-2009 04:16 PM

FLowmaster all the WAY!!!