Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   "SteaLLTh's" Build Thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318697)

azw131 09-18-2013 09:57 AM

"SteaLLTh's" Build Thread

I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon here and start a build thread. So here we go. I purchased SteaLLTh on December, 17 2012. I bought her used with 34,900 miles on the clock. When I bought her, she was a bone stock 2011 Black LS. She now has just over 43,000 miles, and has come a long way since then.

CURRENT MODS

Engine:

- Vararam Intake
- Vmax 1" Black Iceolator
- RX Catch Can
- Trifecta Tune

Exhaust:

- OBX LT Headers w/ Catless Midpipes
- Custom Quad Tip MRT V1

Suspension/Braking:
- Rear Brembo Brakes
- FE4 Lower Control Arms
- FE4 Tie Rods
- ZL1 Sway Bars
- BMR 1.4" Front Drop Springs/ 1.2" Rear Drop Springs

Exterior:
- Eagle Eye Headlights
- Fog Light Retrofit
- SS Spoiler
- SS Wheels (Plasti-Dipped)
- ZL1 Grill
- Street Scenes Lower Grill
- GFX Style Front Splitter
- "BLACK" Fender Emblems
- Tail Light and Sidemarker Tints
- Plasti-Dipped Tail Light Bezels
- Plasti-Dipped Front/ Rear Bowties

Interior:
- AAC Footwell Lighting

azw131 09-18-2013 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres one of the first pictures I took of her, looking as stock as can be:

azw131 09-18-2013 10:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I daily drove her through the winter, something I'm glad I'll never have to do again. Even worse, I was often unable to keep her parked inside. (WARNING: Graphic Pictures of Camaro Abuse)

Shift_Rejected 09-18-2013 10:17 AM

Ouch! I sed to live up in Buffalo and know all to well what the snow/salt can do... Glad it survived!

:yikes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by azw131 (Post 7013583)
I daily drove her through the winter, something I'm glad I'll never have to do again. Even worse, I was often unable to keep her parked inside. (WARNING: Graphic Pictures of Camaro Abuse)

azw131 09-18-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 312HP-2011RS (Post 7013623)
Ouch! I sed to live up in Buffalo and know all to well what the snow/salt can do... Glad it survived!

:yikes:

Thankfully, thats what buffers and zaino are for

azw131 09-18-2013 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
During the winter, I added the eagle eye headlights, SS Spoiler, and SS wheels. Then in the spring, the real modding began. My first major mod: MRT V1 with quad tips. I've always loved the look of quad tips, and knew when I did the exhaust that I had to have them.

Attachment 557152

I removed the rear diffuser myself, then brought her over to Lou's Custom Exhaust, to weld on the new exhaust and tips.

Attachment 557153

At Lou's getting the tips welded on.

azw131 09-18-2013 04:55 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Next came some more cosmetic stuff: Installed foglights, plasti dipped front and rear bow ties, and my tail light bezels. I also threw tints on my tail lights and side markers as well. Then I decided it was time for some bolt ons. I ordered my Vararam Intake, Vmax 1" Black Iceolator, and RX Catch can off of a couple members here on the forums. Happy Dan generously offered the use of his house for the install, and some of the NEC5 guys volunteered to help out. It was a great day, and I drove home with what felt like a completely new car.

Attachment 557175

Attachment 557176

Attachment 557177

Me getting up close and personal with my Camaro

Attachment 557178

Charlie prepping the Black Iceolator for install

azw131 09-18-2013 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A few months later, I decided it was time for some serious paint care and maintenance. I ordered the Zaino Show Car package, and headed back out to Happy Dan's, for a crash course in proper paint care. We stripped the old wax, clayed, buffered, then applied a few coats of Zaino. Dan was a great teacher, and by the time i left, I was a pro with the Zaino. I now apply a coat or two, each week after I wash my car. I think I'm up to about 15 coats. The stuff is truly amazing; here were the results after that day:

Attachment 557179

My first time using a buffer

Attachment 557180

The results of all our hard work that day

azw131 09-18-2013 05:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
With my exterior in the best condition it had been in since I first bought her, I decided it was time to complete the black out look. I ordered the "Wheel Kit" off of Dipyourcar.com, and "BLACK" fender badges from emblempros. I had some prior experience with plastidip, and was confident I would be able to do the wheels without a problem. Plastidip is very forgiving to work with, and the project turned out looking great. The badges really complete the look as well.

Attachment 557181

After a few coats

Attachment 557182

After the final coat was applied

Attachment 557183

"BLACK" fender badges

Attachment 557184

All blacked out

azw131 09-18-2013 05:22 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Heres some pictures from before the Rhode Island Chevy Owner's Association (RICOA) show. NEC5 was out in full force that day.

azw131 09-18-2013 05:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The V6 front end is not the most aggressive in stock form. I decided I was due for a much needed upgrade. I ordered a GFX style splitter off of ebay, which I had professionally painted and installed. Then, I ordered the ZL1 upper grill, and Street Scenes Billet lower grill w/ducts. This install proved to be way more difficult than it should have, due to a stripped retaining bolt in the front fascia. But with the use of a dremel and cut off wheel, I finally got the bolt off and was able to do the install.

Attachment 557195

The bolt that caused all the trouble

Attachment 557196

Front fascia finally off!

Attachment 557197

The new front end

Attachment 557198

Another picture of the front end, from the NH Show and Shine Show

azw131 09-18-2013 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the never ending quest for power, I decided it was time for some long tube headers. I picked up a set of OBX LT's off a member here on C5, and Happy Dan once again generously offered his house for the install. It was great to get together for another mod day with the NEC5 guys. After installing the headers, I installed the Trifecta Tune. I have to say, the drive home was amazing. The power was right there when I hit the gas, and the noise... :drool:

Attachment 557203

Headers!

Attachment 557204

Dave and Charlie getting their hands dirty as usual

azw131 09-18-2013 05:44 PM

Heres a video of my car right after the header install:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4E0iRbJryk

azw131 09-18-2013 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last week, I tackled my first interior mod. I had come back home from school for the weekend, and needed to get in some camaro loving, before heading back. Luckily, while I was away my AAC footwelll/ interior lights had arrived. The install was very simple, and only took about forty five minutes. I think they really go far in sprucing up the LS interior.