Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   1st & 2nd Generation Camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Crappy paint job (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6727)

Milk 1027 09-10-2008 11:43 PM

Crappy paint job

So last week I took my '74 Camaro to Day 1 Paint & Body shop. Today I picked it up and brought it home. Upon further inspaection it was a horrible job. There was paint dripping in some spots, they didn't remove the hedlights or moldings so now there's paint all over them. There's cracking in the paint and the small part that was rusted was just painted over they did'nt even boter sanding it out. My door panels got painted and weren't put back on correctly so know they're hanging off. My front original leather seats that were in perfect condition now have paint on them. I expected more for $1300. Sorry for the rant but I'm just pissed. :mad0260: :paddle: :mad0259: :evil: :suicide: :mad0233: :( :cry:

Zieke 09-11-2008 12:02 AM

you have every right to be way more than pissed!
if it was me, id be down there tomorrow. DEMANDING my money back.

Milk 1027 09-11-2008 12:12 AM

The problem is I go off to college tommorrow so i won't be able to go there personally. But my dad is just as pissed off about it as i am. So he'll be taking it back and demanding that they fix it. But for now i don't have a car to get around in. No car means no job which means no money for school. And i also forgot to mention that they broke my control for the alarm but it's a good thing I have a spare.

KILLER74Z28 09-11-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zieke (Post 128738)
you have every right to be way more than pissed!
if it was me, id be down there tomorrow. DEMANDING my money back.

+1

Go get your money back... :paddle: :paddle: :paddle:

You should not stand for that... Hell, Maaco does a better job than that...

Milk 1027 09-11-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 128745)
+1

Go get your money back... :paddle: :paddle: :paddle:

You should not stand for that... Hell, Maaco does a better job than that...

I just thought they'd do a better job they fancy themselves as classic car experts. All the other cars they have there look better. I just don't know why they did this to my car.

Camaro68 09-11-2008 12:30 AM

Sorry you got that back like that

Take it back up there and ask to talk to the manager and
show him all the spots that ur not happy with like all of it,
and ask for your money back. He may want to paint it again,
that would be up to you if you would let them try again :iono:
I would try and get that money back.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-11-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro68 (Post 128753)
Take it back up there and ask to talk to the manager and
show him all the spots that ur not happy with like all of it,
and ask for your money back. He may want to paint it again,
that would be up to you if you would let them try again :iono:
I would try and get that money back.

Dude get your money back and paint it yourself! I'll even come help for the money! LoL! Jp

Vash 09-11-2008 12:43 AM

But $1300 is nothing. To get factory expect to spend 5-10k.

Sometimes it's also best to do a lot of your own prep work etc.

JiXeR'z DoDgE/FoRd KiLLeR 09-11-2008 12:46 AM

It may not be much but how long will it last and no matter how you spend...who wants a second rate paint job on their car???

Zieke 09-11-2008 01:19 AM

hopefully your dad has some luck dealing with them.
its stories like this that have me researching installations instructions, manuals, and talking with experts so i can do as many things as i can on my own. plus i like doing the work myself anyways.

its sad to see a fellow 2nd gen owner get screwed over, best of luck to you with your car and school.

TAG UR IT 09-11-2008 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milk 1027 (Post 128722)
So last week I took my '74 Camaro to Day 1 Paint & Body shop. Today I picked it up and brought it home. Upon further inspaection it was a horrible job. There was paint dripping in some spots, they didn't remove the hedlights or moldings so now there's paint all over them. There's cracking in the paint and the small part that was rusted was just painted over they did'nt even boter sanding it out. My door panels got painted and weren't put back on correctly so know they're hanging off. My front original leather seats that were in perfect condition now have paint on them. I expected more for $1300. Sorry for the rant but I'm just pissed. :mad0260: :paddle: :mad0259: :evil: :suicide: :mad0233: :( :cry:

Dude...take that shit back and go in with your dad. Let him do the talking if you must, but take it back. Give them two options....fix it or refund. Make a not of all the jacked up spots BEFORE you go in and make sure they know that you are serious. Advise them that small claims court is but a filing of papers away and you'd be happy to take their ass in.

Let them know you will report them to the better business bureau and it won't stop. Just tell them to hold true to their promise or EVERYONE you know will know the crappy job they did....along w/ the entire Internet world

Milk 1027 09-11-2008 02:05 AM

It sucks that I won't be there but my dad is pretty good at negotiating. I guess this experience just teaches me that no one cares about my car as much as I do. For sure I'll do it myself next time. And they lost themselves another job my dad was planning on taking his car there.... That will never happen now!
And thanks for your guys' support. Your all awsome

z28camaro2471 09-11-2008 05:42 AM

Definitely see what they can do to remedy the situation.

I wouldn't expect much though. 99 times out of 100 you get what you pay for.

If someone offered to build you a 400+ hp motor for $500 I would walk away. You'd end up with something that wouldn't even run.

Good luck. Post pics.

Sierra 09-11-2008 09:33 AM

Take it back, or go to small claims court. Also do you have it broken down what they would do when they repainted in writing. Also 1300 is a bit cheap, I am sorry I would have been wary of that price.