Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why are Dealers so Stupid? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9428)

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 01:47 PM

Why are some Dealers so Stupid?

Called a local dealer (Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando). I asked them if they're taking preorders for the camaro. They say they're taking deposits for a "waiting list." I say huh? So you're not putting in the orders? And she says no we can't put in the orders til February.... I'm like uhhh thats not true. (silence) Ok. Bye.

I just don't understand how something so simple they could be so utterly confused on. I've had similar experiences with other dealers. What's the deal? Do they not like to sell cars? If I was this incompetent in my own job, well I wouldn't be there anymore. Everyone knows GM is having financial issues and idiotic, lying salespeople isn't exactly helping the cause.

playhard67 11-07-2008 02:21 PM

Most likely, they are waiting until they can place their own orders for "floor" models first (December). Then turn around and sell them for a markup after they arrive on the floor. Find another dealer.

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 02:26 PM

Oh I am. It's just disheartening that they're passing up on sure sales now instead to make a few bucks extra later. I guess they don't read the news and don't realize that there won't likely be lines to buy any car for quite a while.

The_Blur 11-07-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 184639)
Oh I am. It's just disheartening that they're passing up on sure sales now instead to make a few bucks extra later. I guess they don't read the news and don't realize that there won't likely be lines to buy any car for quite a while.

You assume way too much. They're not trying to make a buck later. They're way too stupid to do that most of the time. :rolleyes: They haven't done their research. Go in. Ask for the owner. Tell him to sit at his computer in your presence, and visit Chevrolet's dealer website.

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blur (Post 184645)
You assume way too much. They're not trying to make a buck later. They're way too stupid to do that most of the time. :rolleyes: They haven't done their research. Go in. Ask for the owner. Tell him to sit at his computer in your presence, and visit Chevrolet's dealer website.

This is a larger dealer with several dealerships in the area for the various OEMs.

Either way, ignorance or trying to make a quick buck is just stupid.

jimbo57 11-07-2008 03:14 PM

it's ok to be naive in october. the dealers should be up to speed by now, or there are some serious problems in management. standard b.s. answers and stall tactics don't fly anymore. not with the enthusiasts.

josh1147 11-07-2008 03:14 PM

Tell your dealers to login to "chevylaunch.com" and check their facts. Remind them that they are supposed to have salespeople who are smart enough to actually sell the product.

Oh and for the really resourceful sales people, tell them to come to the Camaro5 website to really "bone up" on their Camaro knowledge!!

This site is awesome! Thanks to everyone for your contributions!

Chevyrocker 11-07-2008 03:20 PM

no doubt about it...camaro5...best car site I've ever been to.

The_Blur 11-07-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrocker (Post 184713)
no doubt about it...camaro5...best car site I've ever been to.

:thanks::tweetz: :party0038::party0048: :headbang5thgen::updown: :character0293: :sm1: :happy0180: :drinking::w00t::chevy::wave::respekt:

AutoXCamaro 11-07-2008 03:53 PM

Note to self, stay away from Orlando chevy dealers. Although the ones in Tampa are probably just as bad.

NAHURRY 11-07-2008 03:54 PM

A big dealership told me the same thing,said no order till Feb,then told me even then the owner will probably mark them up a good bit,then said V6 will be the only ones made first? needless to say I left there drove 12 miles to another and put my order in at msrp:bonk:

lalometalik 11-07-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in a hurry (Post 184743)
A big dealership told me the same thing,said no order till Feb,then told me even then the owner will probably mark them up a good bit,then said V6 will be the only ones made first? needless to say I left there drove 12 miles to another and put my order in at msrp:bonk:

:clap: :headbang:

spread the word. tell all of the latter dealership

UCF w00t 11-07-2008 04:40 PM

I found a couple dealers in the area that said they'd do MSRP but I want one to agree to supplier if GM says they'll do it. It's worth it to me to wait a few extra months to save $1000+. At least it is at the moment. I'll probably regret that after I see a few lucky SOBs with them on the road lol.

CFPC_2010 11-07-2008 04:58 PM

UCF w00t - Try Classic Chevy. I kind of forced them into learning the way of the Camaro, although they at least knew the basic info off of ChevyLaunch. Their allocation was 9 and mine was first ordered but there were another 2 deposits at that time. My only concern is that they may try to bump the cost above MSRP for other orders but I was able to get it at MSRP. I will probably be going up this weekend to modify my order now that I have seen some of the aftermarket items on real cars. Good luck and drop me a PM if you need more info.