Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Things I don't like about my Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46220)

wrek 10-07-2009 08:46 AM

Things I don't like about my Camaro

This is the first Chevy I have owned. I have been a Ford driver since my first car... though I did have a Firebird TA for a short time in the 80's.

Anyway, here are things I wish we had in the car but obviously didn't stop me from buying my first Chevy!

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things.
XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
Locking fuel door (or remote release)
Optional all-season tires lol
Automatic Windshield wipers
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet
black rim option for the Transformer
HID fogs

Yeah, it's just a wish-list, nothing major but I really would've liked an XM and On-Star delete option.

99-LS1-SS 10-07-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrek (Post 1014951)
This is the first Chevy I have owned. I have been a Ford driver since my first car... though I did have a Firebird TA for a short time in the 80's.

Anyway, here are things I wish we had in the car but obviously didn't stop me from buying my first Chevy!

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. I agree.
XM Delete I love XM
On-Star Delete Meh
Keyless start You get what you pay for.
Locking fuel door (or remote release) If the fuel door is anything like the G8 it locks when you lock the doors and unlocks when you unlock the doors. Maybe other that know will chime in.
Optional all-season tires lol No Comment since I don't live in a cold climate
Automatic Windshield wipers This is a hair nit picky I think.
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet Yeah I agree
black rim option for the Transformer I agree
HID fogs Meh

Yeah, it's just a wish-list, nothing major but I really would've liked an XM and On-Star delete option.

My two cents...

AnnaBear@SpartaChevy 10-07-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
HID fogs

I'll be there this afternoon to confiscate your car ;)

Crowley 10-07-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

XM Delete
On-Star Delete
Keyless start
HID fogs

Pretty much .. yep on all of the above ... I'd love to see the locking gas cap or gas door, keyless start, and automatic whindshield wipers. The mail slot shouldn't even exist since it is RICE !!

Crowley

Dan3 10-07-2009 09:13 AM

I'll follow the trend by modding your post.
Quote:

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. No argument
XM Delete You could have it removed, but why? Just dont pay for it and it goes away
On-Star Delete Why? If you're buying into the I dont want "big-brother" watching you're SoL. There is no such thing as privacy any more.
Keyless start Meh, idc one way or another on that one. Convenient, but the more electronic crap you put in the car, the more there is to break.
Locking fuel door (or remote release) Agree
Optional all-season tires lol Could get a set then sell the Pirellis. Several of us have been smoking ours pretty good.
Automatic Windshield wipers HATE this option. Wipers going when its spitting out. RainX > Wipers in all but really heavy rain.
Functional ram-air mail-slot would've been sweet. Yes and no, the air system would have to be redesigned and most people who buy this car dont care about this. GM has to keep cost down, therefore eliminating options that require redesign.
black rim option for the Transformer Agree
HID fogs Agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley (Post 1014983)
Pretty much .. yep on all of the above ... I'd love to see the locking gas cap or gas door, keyless start, and automatic whindshield wipers. The mail slot shouldn't even exist since it is RICE !!

Crowley

I fail to see how a hood scoop is rice, American muscle has been sporting them in various forms for generations. Non-functional is a gimmick, but 90% of the hood scoops on cars nowadays are non-functional. Again, functional hood scoops have inherent potential problems and would require a different intake system design. This would increase the cost of producing the Camaro (probably more than you realize).

Hicompression 10-07-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

On-Star Delete

I agree. On-Star is for soccer moms in minivans, not the Camaro. :yikes:

wrek 10-07-2009 09:29 AM

LOL guys yeah I know it's nit-picky stuff... and I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS CAR so I could care less about most of it, just a "would've been nice" list.

I didn't know about the gas cap door.. I'll check it out.
As for OnStar, I don't care if they know where I am, I just don't like having that crap on my rear-view mirror. I won't use the service either.. but track my car all you want, I don't care. Only an idiot would use his own car to rob a bank, everyone knows you steal the car. lol

I also use the rain-x windshield fluid.. I literally have my wipers off most of the time.

prostock69 10-07-2009 09:35 AM

I have a couple of minor "things" I wished our Camaro had that my '07 Dodge Charger R/T had: a multi-disc CD player and the door lock mechanism being on the door by the window up/down mechanism instead of under the radio. This drives me crazy because I'm was so used to hitting the door locking button down when I exited the Charger. Now I have to use my key remote to lock the car.

Other than that, it's awesome!

Downwithopp 10-07-2009 09:37 AM

Agreed on most of it. The XM seems a bit pointless, I've never been a big radio guy anyway, especially with the Ipod thing and CD player.

The automatic windshield wipers and locking fuel door should be there as well. :thumbdown:

VenomZ302 10-07-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prostock69 (Post 1015170)
Now I have to use my key remote to lock the car.

You have to use your remote to lock the car, anyway. It's a feature to prevent locking your keys in the car.

topgun1 10-07-2009 09:42 AM

for me, it's 2 of most peoples' dislikes--the crappy visors/mirrors and the ridiculously large blind spot. A couple others is no ambient light across the dash, no fold-in side mirrors, center door lock/unlock, no aux. jack for digital music--have to use usb port.

traip93 10-07-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

PAINTED stripes. I can't believe I paid almost $500 for these vinyl things. I agree.
I think the complete opposite.

Dboy23 10-07-2009 09:52 AM

The key-less start shouldn't be to hard considering some Cadillac's and the Corvette already have it?

Sir Nuke 10-07-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topgun1 (Post 1015201)
for me, it's 2 of most peoples' dislikes--the crappy visors/mirrors and the ridiculously large blind spot. A couple others is no ambient light across the dash, no fold-in side mirrors, center door lock/unlock, no aux. jack for digital music--have to use usb port.

Top Gun, there IS an Aux Jack, its just below the USB port, have a look next time you jump in your car.