Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Broke my dome light... little help? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584989)

DroptopZ 11-25-2020 10:53 AM

Broke my dome light... little help?

4 Attachment(s)
Hi guys! I had a nagging flickering in my LED dome bulb and went to pull it and replace it to see if that was the issue. When I pulled the bulb, the connecter stuck and pulled out the socket where it attaches to the car (pics attached).

I pulled the housing and tried searching. It appears that I may have FUBARED the whole thing. However, I found what I think is the right part to replace just the internals of the dome light. Can anyone confirm if I am on the right track?

Also, I am not good with wiring... so can anyone tell me if then pictured panel is attached with a harness, or if I need to get this professionally done?

Thanks in advance!

The Wanderer 11-26-2020 08:28 AM

Looks to me like
all you need is a new bulb, put the reflector back where it belongs and plug in a new bulb and then the lens. Where is the rocker switch to turn it on/off?

DroptopZ 11-27-2020 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wanderer (Post 10909099)
Looks to me like
all you need is a new bulb, put the reflector back where it belongs and plug in a new bulb and then the lens. Where is the rocker switch to turn it on/off?

Thank you... the rocker also came out, but is not broken. I was messing with it to see if a poor connection there was causing the flicker.

I was afraid that the white piece that came out was more than the bulb... was I mistaken? Now I feel like a giant idiot, if so...

Camaro2ss2010 11-28-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DroptopZ (Post 10909953)
Thank you... the rocker also came out, but is not broken. I was messing with it to see if a poor connection there was causing the flicker.

I was afraid that the white piece that came out was more than the bulb... was I mistaken? Now I feel like a giant idiot, if so...

It does appear to be the bulb to me. What type of bulb did you have in there. Take a new one and compare the two to see if all they pieces are parts to the bulb or not.

DroptopZ 11-28-2020 08:09 AM

Can anyone please take a picture of the bulb insertion point? The more I look at it. I am convinced that the connecter for the LED board just came apart. I thought I ripped the connection point off of a circuit board or something. I will buy a temp bulb today until I can get an RGB color shift one.

Leo72793 11-28-2020 03:47 PM

im poretty sure the copper colored tabs are the socket. the two white pieces look like LED parts. pop the reflector back in and the tabs should poke through

DroptopZ 11-28-2020 03:50 PM

Thank you! I feel like the biggest dumb-@$$ but I did the LEDs 10 years ago when my eyes were better. Lol!

DroptopZ 11-28-2020 06:22 PM

Yep. I win the dumbest thread on the internet for the day. Thanks guys!!