Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   exhaust rattle? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382263)

jwmarler48 10-24-2014 03:12 PM

exhaust rattle?

Has anyone else had issue with npp exhaust rattle? Sounds like its more of a vibration coming off heat shield when I rev motor. I took car to dealership the said the hangers were rubbing together, but within a week the noise was back.

schecter7 10-24-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwmarler48 (Post 8027431)
Has anyone else had issue with npp exhaust rattle? Sounds like its more of a vibration coming off heat shield when I rev motor. I took car to dealership the said the hangers were rubbing together, but within a week the noise was back.

Mine also had exhaust rattle, but only at very low rpm while cruising at <10mph and it was coming from the rear. My dealer re-seated 'some' clip and it was gone.

toehead93 10-24-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schecter7 (Post 8027479)
Mine also had exhaust rattle, but only at very low rpm while cruising at <10mph and it was coming from the rear. My dealer re-seated 'some' clip and it was gone.

I just noticed this on my car this week probably because I have the back seat down. I will try to look myself and take it in.

schecter7 10-24-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toehead93 (Post 8027496)
I just noticed this on my car this week probably because I have the back seat down. I will try to look myself and take it in.

Cool. I'll try to post a picture of the service details later on tonight. The rattle I had was more like a sharp 'metallic' one and was audible with the back seat and all windows closed.

Wollmank 10-25-2014 11:46 AM

I have had a loud rattled upon startup since I got my 14 over 16 months ago. So far dealership replaced my entire exhaust. Twice. Replaced mufflers. And it still does it. I bring it to the dealership now. They say their is nothing they can do they have exhausted all remedies. Really? My dash is getting the bubbles underneeth ac vents again. My Nav gets stuck. My seatbelt is rubbing my seat so there is wear mark. My HUD shakes to no end. My rear view camera for some strange reason takes a snapshot of me being in reverse and freezes on my screen until it restarts itselfs about 5 minutes later. Ok. Done venting. I'm tired of incompatant dealerships. And this one is a GM buy back...but she runs great and fun as hell to drive. I've just had to learn to live with imperfections.

banter 10-25-2014 01:38 PM

My NPP rattled a but at certain times, it was really hard to get it to happen while the guys from the dealer were in my car but once it happened they adjusted it (it was rubbing against a heat shield) and it hasnt rattled since.

Camero5 10-25-2014 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banter (Post 8028678)
My NPP rattled a but at certain times, it was really hard to get it to happen while the guys from the dealer were in my car but once it happened they adjusted it (it was rubbing against a heat shield) and it hasnt rattled since.

I had exhaust rattle on my NPP and after replacement went away. They said it was the flaps. I would hear it during low rpm and acceleration.

Camaro Dude 10-25-2014 04:35 PM

Had the rattle right off idle to slow acceleration transition.

Warranty fixed it, claimed it was some hanger_clip thing.

Few months later, I THINK it might be coming back, but barely audible.

CrystalRedTintcoat 10-25-2014 10:18 PM

Mine has airways rattled. I figure that was the design. Recommend warranty, huh? Is it something I can address myself?

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jwmarler48 10-26-2014 07:15 AM

Thanks for the comments

markgws6 10-27-2014 04:09 PM

Are you sure it's not just the NPP flap mechanism opening and closing? Mine were noisy as hell when this happened and it made sounds I could hear until I removed the fuse more like metallic rubbing sounds. I just hear every time I put my foot down my car says it wants to open a can of whoop ass on poser civics... lol Brian, I'm surprised you can hear anything else after installing your headers and hi-flow cats.

chevy 3 10-27-2014 06:07 PM

Mine did the same thing. The flaps rattle a little or some thing. I pulled the fuse in the trunk and never heard it again

schecter7 10-27-2014 11:16 PM

Low RPM Exhaust Rattle

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay. Here is a snapshot of my service record. My rattle was gone for good - kudos to Capitol Chevy in Austin :D Hope this helps!

TopSecret2SS 10-27-2014 11:40 PM

I get a rattle during heavy throttle in first gear sometimes. More often when not fully warmed up. Once warm I do not get it. This is a 2014 with NPP.