Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm not sure if I'll buy a 5th Gen. Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928)

CamaroKid 11-29-2007 09:43 PM

If I had the money, I would buy one. For sure, no questions asked.

DGthe3 11-29-2007 11:24 PM

Wow, necro-post from the spudhead (sorry, had to do it when I saw you were an Islander :p).

And Moose, in case you haven't decided, I suggest that you don't sell it your SS. If you have that much love for your old Camaro then keep it, eventually it will become a 'really cool old car', the new camaro will too in a few decades but thats not the point of this is it? You've treated it well and it has returned the favour. Perhaps at some point you can have both a new Camaro and your other one.

stovt001 11-30-2007 04:21 AM

I agree. I'm kinda in the same boat with my Cutlass. I have it up for sale now, and hopefully I can sell it for enough to make a nice down payment. But if I can't sell it for a good price, I may not be able to buy my Camaro. However, I have fun thinking of all the good things I can do to the Cutlass instead, and people compliment it whenever I take it out, so I think either way I'll be happy.

$¢'s 5th Gen 11-30-2007 08:22 AM

I was like that with my first Camaro. It was a 77 and I bought it for $495. It had a 400sbc. The test drive was insane. The burn outs it did. I had been promising my neighbor that I would buy his 68 camaro that needed an engine and trans and dif. But after driving the 77 for a month i loved that car. He did talk me into still buying the 68 for $500. It took all of 1 minute to realize I made the right choice. Just moved the drive train to the 68. And the weight difference made it soo much faster. Really cant wait for this 5th gen. I wont let this one go.

85convertibleZ28 11-30-2007 09:12 AM

I see where all of you guys are coming from I had to get rid of my camaro's that i owned my last one was a 92 RS red with black stripes but my favorite one was my 85 convertible z/28 some mods not a lot but i loved that car, Do any of you guys remember the 85 two seat-er z/28, my was black and silver. There were other 80 models that had the same thing done to them but I don't see them anymore. So when the new camaro comes out I will buy one but I will wait to get the second year so i can save more money because I want to pay cash for mine.

Emher 11-30-2007 12:55 PM

Well seeing as I don't have a Camaro and won't afford a car for a few years to come the choice is easy for me. I'm buying a 5th gen.

Urthman 11-30-2007 12:59 PM

Unfortunately I don't have this problem. A long time ago my wife convinced me to get rid of my '85 Z28. I miss it a lot and would love to own one EXACTLY like it again...but I'll be getting a 5th gen first.

2010_5thgen 11-30-2007 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 11257)
I'm not sure I'll buy a 5th Gen. Camaro, if in order to do so, I have to sell my SS. :o

Let me preface this by saying I don't like to "brag" about my Camaro. There are many more Camaro's out there that put mine to shame. But to me, my SS is special.

I thought more about this dilemma, (selling the SS in order to get a new Camaro), after taking the SS for a ride yesterday. While sitting at a red light, with the windows down and the t-tops off, I overheard some guys sitting in the panel truck alongside me commenting on the car. At the next light, they pulled alongside and we exchanged some comments about my SS. I pulled away feeling extremely proud to be driving a Camaro. :thumbsup:

It also made me think of all the times I see someone enjoying their 1st or 2nd Gen. Camaro, and how I think how lucky they are to own such a cool Camaro. "They don't make them like that anymore". It made me wonder if there are people out there making similar comments about the 4th Gen.?

All I know is, I drove home feeling lucky to own my SS and I enjoyed every minute of the ride. Once I got home, I treated the SS to a nice bath and some Zaino. :D

The 5th Gen. Camaro is going to be awesome for sure. Just don't forget to enjoy the Camaro you already own. Regardless of age, or condition, all Camaro's are special. :thumbsup: And I'm afraid to say, mine is too special to me to sell for any reason.

i had the same feeling about not wanting to get id of my TA. but in the end i wanted something new. i wanted a clean slate. and this camaro will be it for me. i got my ta used and it wasnt in 100% best shape so i want to have a perfect car,at least for a little bit.i havent had a new car since my camaro in 99.

Emher 12-01-2007 04:41 AM

^Yeah that's another thing. Got into my dads new car yesterday and that new car smell is special. ust a thing like new, tight seatbelts is such a great thing I need that with a car of my own.

2010_5thgen 12-02-2007 07:43 PM

oh yeah the new car smell is amazing. my mom just got a 07 yukon new, and the leather smells so nice.

Navy Blue 12-02-2007 09:53 PM

....seein as i'm a young member here and i have only about 7 years driving out there really makes me think about my very first car (i've gone through 4) the first was a pontac sunfire,i was young and wreckless,and sum guy hit me on the way to work,kinda good exept for all the bruises because that car wasnt to my favor,next came (sorry to bash this car if you own one) a chrystler Concorde...needless to say i will never buy chrystler even new...left me stranded..next came..haha another chrystle this however worked fine,it was a new yorker a 92 to be exact she was nice,but the concorde left me with a bad conception about crystler,which brings me to my current car,my impala,drives great,hands down the best car i've owned,which finally brings me to my point,the camaro will be my first ever NEW car,i'm in hopes of keeping it until either I or the Car dies, i hate to be "negative" but if i pass it down to my children it will suffer a bad fate,i say this because i never took care of my first car,i didnt give it proper maintaining,i just put gas in it,then again my father was never one to TELL me theese things,but I as the driver should have known better, but within the next three years i must sell alot of booze so that i can get my camaro when i'm 25...and from then..let the good times roll :). may GM thrive once again among the automakers with this great vehicle.

2001ragtop 12-03-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 11257)
And I'm afraid to say, mine is too special to me to sell for any reason.

This was a good thread to post and it makes sense.

The concept of being "that" satisfied with your car is rare these days. I feel the same way about my musclecar and I would feel sick to my stomach if I ever sold it. ('01 mustang GT vert).

Also, along the same lines, I want to say I never "accepted" the 2005+ mustang. I like the 99-04 better, even if they are old school compared to the +05. My car drives extremely well and it still drives like a new car.

I did not have a chance to get a Camaro SS. I wanted one. I like the beastly massive power that seems to be overflowing with a chevy small block. It's scary and always reliable and impressive. And sometimes, they idle so smooth you can't feel a thing.

Nice post. DEFINITELY DO NOT EVEN THINK of selling your car.

Just wait till later to get a 2009 or 2010 Camaro. The price will drop also, so that might be a small benefit. I am waiting for the price to drop. Also during the first year everyone at this website is going to post if there is anything wrong with the first (camaro) batch. We all hope that doesn't happen.

a car DOES have sentimental value. Great reason to just KEEP IT. ;)

Jay 12-03-2007 06:42 PM

Personally, the only reason I wouldnt get the new Camaro is that it is too long away and when Im gunna need to get a car... im gunna need to get a car. Ita that simple...

Also, just from an analytical point of view in business terms... the concept camaro was released in 2006, and the first bunch of them will be on roads probably by roughly mid 09'. Thats almost 3 and half years!!!

I know Gm wants to 'get it right'.... But I think its a mistake to wait this long in terms of sales... they had a market of people captured instantly... to the point of instant sale... to keep the hype going for three and half years is too long in todays world.... This is why Ford and other companies have continually beaten GM.

I think the camaro is the best muscle car to come. Period. There is no doubt there. But GM as a company, although they have improved a ton.... business wise I think is still making some weak decisions. And as far as Im concerned people that are going to buy this car are going to be enthusiasts like us on these forums who are willing to comit and even them some might fall-off. So, they 'better get it right' with there V8 base and top end Camaro! So I think the focus from GM shouldn't be on the V6 in terms of sales at all.... its a mistake.... for at-least the first year I don't think so. And again guys... Im not claiming to be some automotive or business guru here..... these are just my thoughts from what I think.

Thats my rant, lol... I guess Im just upset I have to wait so long!

2010_5thgen 12-03-2007 06:48 PM

yeah this is getting rediculuos that they keep pusing it back. they tell us production in late 08 , now production is pushed back maybe 6 months!!! this is BS. tell us something true for a change. stop pushing things back and give us the real date.