Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   o2 sensor with bbk headers, HELP!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291516)

kold 04-25-2013 03:58 PM

o2 sensor with bbk headers, HELP!!

so the one farthest from the engine isnt long enough on the passenger side and i was wondering if any1 else had this problem cause im not the only person with these headers. If you did wht did u guys do? I was looking a 4 pin extension but wondering if there is a easier fix for it cause the only extensions i found where just universal, any help would be great, TX.

Lil' Nasty 04-25-2013 04:39 PM

You unwrap the extension from the tape so it can reach for the mean time. Then I would suggest getting the O2EXT-4S series extensions that will work for the rear
on LLT motor) from Racetronix

J_Vibe92 04-25-2013 04:52 PM

dont we need only 12'' extensors?

kold 04-25-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6469298)
You unwrap the extension from the tape so it can reach for the mean time. Then I would suggest getting the O2EXT-4S series extensions that will work for the rear

Tx man i just ordered the one that i needed, hopefully it will be in sometime next week

camaro2lt 04-25-2013 05:24 PM

i thought the bbk headers came with extensions?

Lil' Nasty 04-25-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 (Post 6469341)
dont we need only 12'' extensors?

those are just for the fronts...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kold (Post 6469444)
Tx man i just ordered the one that i needed, hopefully it will be in sometime next week

:thumb:

Lil' Nasty 04-25-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro2lt (Post 6469473)
i thought the bbk headers came with extensions?

Depending on where you get them, most of them do....Op is not talking about the front extensions you need. Just the extension that is good to have for the rear passenger side so the sensor aren't stretching.

mc_acoustic 05-02-2013 04:29 AM

I ordered BBK headers from juiced and they came with extensions.... Am I going to be alright or do I need to get more? (They are about a foot long) I got 2 of them with my headers...

rd-camaro 05-02-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_acoustic (Post 6495015)
I ordered BBK headers from juiced and they came with extensions.... Am I going to be alright or do I need to get more? (They are about a foot long) I got 2 of them with my headers...

i too would like to know this

Lil' Nasty 05-02-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6469298)

Read above

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_acoustic (Post 6495015)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rd-camaro (Post 6495736)
i too would like to know this

mc_acoustic 05-02-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6495753)
Read above

Sorry but it still doesn't answer my question.... Am I wanting to buy the O2EXT-4S or are the ones that come with the BBK long tube headers all I need...

Remember, I have not installed headers before so I don't know any of this... Which is why I am asking the question... I am aware that you can purchase extensions....I am just wondering if I need to purchase more even though I have two of them that came with my long tube headers.

Lil' Nasty 05-02-2013 11:11 PM

The two extensions that come with the headers are square which means they're for the front sensors....the additional sensor extension (trapezoid) you will need is for the right rear...

mc_acoustic 05-02-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6498906)
The two extensions that come with the headers are square which means they're for the front sensors....the additional sensor extension (trapezoid) you will need is for the right rear...

Ah okay... So are you saying I DO need to buy them? Or is it just going to be a tight squeeze?

Grimlock 05-03-2013 01:20 AM

Just mess around with the wiring. I almost gave up and ordered extensions but people kept saying I should've been fine without. I had to go under on three times [three different days] to finally get it connected and when it did, it did so without any issues. Persistance pays off, I guess.

Now my only problem is the front O2 has too much slack and touched my headers for a while before I noticed. It's pretty much just a hunk of melted plastic now connected to wires.