Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Thompson Motorsports Dart 427 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=574900)

eLeSthree 05-06-2020 10:48 PM

Thompson Motorsports Dart 427

10 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to say thanks to the crew at Thompsons. They’re good people over at TMS. They put up with a lot of my shit, and treated me professionally at all times. Even during this pandemic when suppliers had heads back ordered and parts were hard to get, they somehow made it happen. Waiting on a couple items and then I’ll drop it in and do the dreaded 500 mile breakin.

I’ll be installing a Holley Sniper low pro, and rerouting my fuel system, along with a steam vent kit, and home made breather can. So more pics to come. I also got word that ESS should have a new counter clockwise G4X blower for me to test. With an additional 200-300hp over the G3X, this could get interesting. :thumbup:

larry_g 05-07-2020 06:14 AM

Very nice!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

racesloth 05-07-2020 07:32 AM

Looks like she is ready for some heavy boost. Nice!

RupertPupkin 05-07-2020 09:45 AM

NOICE!!! U still keeping the manual trans, or going auto?

Black_SS10 05-07-2020 09:47 AM

Nice!! I am waiting for my 427 from them!! I can't wait to get it in and add some turbos. :happyanim:

eLeSthree 05-07-2020 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS_What (Post 10784577)
Ok kinda of a dumb question, why spend all that money on such a nice engine and not stud the bottom end?

In my application it would be a waste of money. Dart's main bots are 7/16x 3.6 and 7/16 x 2.9 and the center mains are splayed. Even with the stock bolts people are pushing this combo to 1700whp. I'll never make that, why waste $500+?

eLeSthree 05-07-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_SS10 (Post 10784510)
Nice!! I am waiting for my 427 from them!! I can't wait to get it in and add some turbos. :happyanim:

Nice! If I wasn't testing this new blower from ESS, I could see making the swap.

But honestly, the ESS kit is so easy. No under the car stuff, oil lines, vacuum lines, boost controllers, electronics. its so much easier. But then again, turbos are tits.

Black_SS10 05-07-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLeSthree (Post 10784701)
Nice! If I wasn't testing this new blower from ESS, I could see making the swap.

But honestly, the ESS kit is so easy. No under the car stuff, oil lines, vacuum lines, boost controllers, electronics. its so much easier. But then again, turbos are tits.

I'm really excited. Not about the money spending part though. :smiling1:

I hope the ESS kit is everything you expect it to be! Sounds like there's less stuff to break and or go wrong. I'm looking for the twin turbo setup to push 1k whp, without a sweat. I am leaning towards AGP. We shall see.

RobZL1 05-07-2020 02:26 PM

Nice! If you don't like those heads, you can just send 'em to me. I'll take good care of them for you. LOL. :)

eLeSthree 05-07-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RupertPupkin (Post 10784508)
NOICE!!! U still keeping the manual trans, or going auto?

Manual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_SS10 (Post 10784725)
I'm really excited. Not about the money spending part though. :smiling1:

I hope the ESS kit is everything you expect it to be! Sounds like there's less stuff to break and or go wrong. I'm looking for the twin turbo setup to push 1k whp, without a sweat. I am leaning towards AGP. We shall see.

I'm impressed with the ESS Tuning stuff. Easy (for me) to install, no maintenance, and makes great power. Even on the SBE using the smaller G3X it made 950ish. I'd imagine this 427 and G4X will give me all the power I can handle. Gonna need 15inch wheels soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobZL1 (Post 10784733)
Nice! If you don't like those heads, you can just send 'em to me. I'll take good care of them for you. LOL. :)

Address?

RobZL1 05-07-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eLeSthree (Post 10784978)

Address?

15 Don'tTeaseMe Street
Apt. #{please don't send me a dildo or poop}
Anytown, USA 696969

:bonk:

Looking forward to seeing how you like this setup. Should be awesome! I almost pulled the trigger on a set of M311's when FED had their sale / free shipping last month, but I couldn't bring myself to release the cash with the current corona crap going on. $2050 for a set of these to your door was a heck of a deal. Kicking myself for not doing it at this point. :smm7:

joshnmn 05-07-2020 11:27 PM

Very nice. That’s some eye candy ��

eLeSthree 05-09-2020 11:13 AM

6 Attachment(s)
While I wait for the dart windage tray and Holley intake to arrive, I picked up a TrickFlow steam vent kit in -4an. Cant cut and plumb the hose until the intake is here, but I think it’s a decent buy at $129.

Also pieced together my own puke can. $27 baffled breather can from ebay, $20 for 10’ of -10 braided black hose and some fittings. Then I modified the driver side valve cover by drilling out the inside of the pcv nipple, and enlarging the hole in the baffle. I’d say it flows pretty damn well.

larry_g 05-09-2020 12:48 PM

Just heads up in opening up the PCV in the valve cover. I put a set of Holley tall valve covers on mine to clear my rockers. I knew going into it that they are known for flowing too much through the vents but I was amazed at how quickly it filled my catch can and sucked oil into the intake.

I ended up having to add a restriction in the hose from the valve cover to the catch can, and a pretty small one at that. You'll definitely want to keep an eye on it, there wasn't a mosquito within miles of me after that happened.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk