Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Sports Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   FSU VS. OU, Who Wins? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104964)

PQ 09-16-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PonyMan (Post 2335761)
I want TCU and Arkansas in the Big 12.

:word:

Never happen though.

Arkansas ain't going anywhere. They'd rather sit in the SEC and continue to be whooping boys and occasional spoilers.

But, I guess, get beat up in the SEC or get beat up in the Big 12 is neither here nor there. lol

rmpackers 09-16-2010 10:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZf1AHHY0Bc

We had to fire the 10-3 coach due to off the field "activities."

PQ 09-16-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmpackers (Post 2336314)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZf1AHHY0Bc

We had to fire the 10-3 coach due to off the field "activities."

ALLEGED improprieties with a commentator if I remember correctly. Had he went undefeated that year they would have NOT fired him. So it's a non-factor.

Simple fact is that Solich went 42-9 in his first 4 years then had a bad year at 7-7, then went 10-3 wining a bowl game. He won the conference, was coach of the year a few times and played in the BCS title game. Then had his 7-7 year followed by a 10-3, and was canned.

58-19 was his final record. Take the bad year away (EVERYONE will have them) and his record at Nebraska is 51-12. Nebraska hadn't won that candy assed division since, until this passed year.

Frank Solich got screwed. Plain and simple.

And YES, I'm a little ticked that the Huskers bolt for the North East.

It's a respect thing they think they deserve.

Good ridance to Nebraska. (Sports that is, lol)




Quote:

Solich was 42-9 in his first four seasons. He was Big 12 coach of the year in 1999 and 2001, won the 1999 conference title, and his team played for the national championship after the 2001 season.

cplhester 10-20-2010 02:23 PM

OU #1

bigearl 10-20-2010 02:49 PM

I'm not getting into the original fight, I was reading those stats and I got curious- top 10 winningest teams of the last decade:

1Boise State.868 112 17
2Texas.859 110 18
3Oklahoma.821 110 24
4Ohio State.803 102 25
5USC.797 102 26
6Florida.769 100 30
7Texas Christian.766 95 29
8LSU.762 99 31
9Georgia.760 98 31
10Virginia Tech.756 99 32

Makes me think the big shake-up was incomplete. Stacked schedules or not, 112 and 17 is no joke. VT started rough this year but they deserve more credit than they get.

TIE FIGHTR 10-20-2010 03:30 PM

You're saying it wrong...
 
1 Attachment(s)
I bet you didn't know there is a right way and a wrong way to pronounce
Oklahoma


The proper way is:

' Okla . . homa'
(There's a pause between the 'a' and the 'h'.)




See the reason below.

Jekyll-N-Hyde 10-20-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigearl (Post 2463112)
I'm not getting into the original fight, I was reading those stats and I got curious- top 10 winningest teams of the last decade:

1Boise State.868 112 17
2Texas.859 110 18
3Oklahoma.821 110 24
4Ohio State.803 102 25
5USC.797 102 26
6Florida.769 100 30
7Texas Christian.766 95 29
8LSU.762 99 31
9Georgia.760 98 31
10Virginia Tech.756 99 32

Makes me think the big shake-up was incomplete. Stacked schedules or not, 112 and 17 is no joke. VT started rough this year but they deserve more credit than they get.



I love seeing #2 and #3 just shows how big that game is every year even when both teams Suck and make it look like a special olympics as in how we did this year.

bigearl 10-20-2010 03:50 PM

You've got to give Texas and Oklahoma credit for that. They've been in the hunt for 40 years.

PQ 10-20-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigearl (Post 2463112)
I'm not getting into the original fight, I was reading those stats and I got curious- top 10 winningest teams of the last decade:

1Boise State.868 112 17
2Texas.859 110 18
3Oklahoma.821 110 24
4Ohio State.803 102 25
5USC.797 102 26
6Florida.769 100 30
7Texas Christian.766 95 29
8LSU.762 99 31
9Georgia.760 98 31
10Virginia Tech.756 99 32

Makes me think the big shake-up was incomplete. Stacked schedules or not, 112 and 17 is no joke. VT started rough this year but they deserve more credit than they get.

I have never argued Boise and TCU can't line up and beat any team in the country. (How could I? :rolleyes:)

And I think they'de could go undefeated at times like the Oklahomas, Texas, Bamas, and USCs of the game. But NOT as much as they do now.

If Oklahoma, Bama, or Texas could play the same schedule as Boise St. evey year, they'd always go undefeated or only lose one. Sure, on a down year, they might lose two, possibly even three on a total crap injury infested year, but Boise needs to join big conference football or STFU........ Simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde (Post 2463259)
I love seeing #2 and #3 just shows how big that game is every year even when both teams Suck and make it look like a special olympics as in how we did this year.

Fortunatey both teams are getting better. OU may have a legite shot. Time will tell.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.