Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2012 Camaro5 Fest (III) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Tom Henry Cars at Camaro5fest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205201)

toesuf94 02-24-2012 07:39 AM

Tom Henry Cars at Camaro5fest

Just curious how many THR cars will be at Camaro5 Fest in August. I am currently planning to be there, as I am sure Tom will be...it would be cool to get a group shot of the THR cars that are there. ( I think half or more of the mods here drive THR Camaros - right? )

Mindz 02-24-2012 08:07 AM

If ca didnt havd such a strict law regarding cats id have one too. Tag ur it, gtahvit, and dragoneye will have thr cars.

Mr. Wyndham 02-24-2012 08:46 PM

If Tom will have me, I'll be there. :headbang:

Sadly it's not technically a "THR", like the cool kids' :cry:...

IROCanSS 02-24-2012 08:50 PM

I'll be there whether Tom will have me or not. ;) Nor do I have a THR car but whatever...

I forget the OPs name :facepalm: but we met at Tom's dealership the day you picked up #11. It will be good to see you again!

Tom Henry Racing 02-25-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toesuf94 (Post 4536565)
Just curious how many THR cars will be at Camaro5 Fest in August. I am currently planning to be there, as I am sure Tom will be...it would be cool to get a group shot of the THR cars that are there. ( I think half or more of the mods here drive THR Camaros - right? )

I am still working on this as it is right during our family beach week, my wife will not be happy with a shortened week. I am going to send John D who helps me, not sure yet how many cars we can send.

Blade 02-25-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4540731)
If Tom will have me, I'll be there. :headbang:

Sadly it's not technically a "THR", like the cool kids' :cry:...

Ummm....you have a ZL1....absolutely cooler than those guys. Quit crying.

Mr. Wyndham 02-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4543040)

:laugh: I was only kidding! I'm purchasing my car through Tom Henry Racing/Tom Henry Chevrolet...but I'm not having it modified, so it's not a "THR Camaro". That's what my comment was about.

And you're right -- ZL1 is plenty cool! Don't worry, I'm not jaded already! ;)

There's something magical about a THR Camaro, though...Tom lets you "customize" your OWN "special edition", and then it gets sequenced and recorded in the annals of Camaro special editions like every other Special Edition/Aftermarket cars.

This means you have a documented car that is entirely unique to your own tastes...and that doesn't consider the fun you and Tom can have while making it!

They're something else. I sincerely wish I had the means to turn my ZL1 into a THR ZL1. :headbang:

KILLER74Z28 02-25-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4543040)

:yikes: :scared0016:

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 02:43 PM

:D My car will be at Tom's disposal to use however he'd like.

:thumbsup:

Hopper 02-25-2012 02:45 PM

I'll be there with THR #19...:chevy:

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopper (Post 4543092)
I'll be there with THR #19...:chevy:

:headbang:

Doesn't Jaime Mac have a THR too?

IROCanSS 02-25-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4543115)
:headbang:

Doesn't Jaime Mac have a THR too?

Nope. Macs is not a THR.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCanSS (Post 4543137)
Nope. Macs is not a THR.

NO way? I thought for sure his was a THR car.

either way, Knowing Tom, I'm sure any and all camaros will be welcome :thumbsup:

IROCanSS 02-25-2012 03:16 PM

Lol, nope. We've been to Tom's cruise and The Settlemier's farm but his car is a Jamie Mac Racing edition. ;) He's done all the work on his himself other than the tune.

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IROCanSS (Post 4543203)
Lol, nope. We've been to Tom's cruise and The Settlemier's farm but his car is a Jamie Mac Racing edition. ;) He's done all the work on his himself other than the tune.

Nice! JMR 1 of 1 :D

I've been trying to get up there for that cruise since I got my car... When we drove up there to pick mine up, he showed us Scott's home town, and the barn... it is a really cool place.

Maybe this next one I'll drive up?

IROCanSS 02-25-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4543233)
Nice! JMR 1 of 1 :D

I've been trying to get up there for that cruise since I got my car... When we drove up there to pick mine up, he showed us Scott's home town, and the barn... it is a really cool place.

Maybe this next one I'll drive up?

Yup! :sm0: :D

You should, it's a good time. The cruise over to the farm is nice and they put on a nice spread. You'd probably get the long haul award... if there was one ;)

Jamie Mac 02-25-2012 03:43 PM

Chris, I'm about 30 minutes from Tom's dealership. I had never heard of them until Doug's car showed up as the first CGM. (I'm not from here)I already had mine on order from a closer dealer. I did get my catback from Tom. I run into him from time to time but see his sister a lot more with her 1st Gen. There is a RJT 2SS/RS THR three doors down from me. I think it's #31. The owner told me he really opened it up one day and had it up to 72mph. The one teenage son is in total disgust at the lack of triple digits. Lol

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Mac (Post 4543314)
Chris, I'm about 30 minutes from Tom's dealership. I had never heard of them until Doug's car showed up as the first CGM. I already had mine on order from a closer dealer. I did get my catback from Tom. I run into him from time to time but see his sister a lot more with her 1st Gen. There is a RJT 2SS/RS THR three doors down from me. I think it's #31. The owner told me he really opened it up one day and had it up to 72mph. The one teenage son is in total disgust at the lack of triple digits. Lol

yeah man I thought when we were at dinner with Tom and Scott at C5FI you were one of his other customers.

LMAO at "lack of triple digits." :laugh: I met his sister briefly when I picked up my car... She seem like a riot.

Jamie Mac 02-25-2012 03:51 PM

I wasn't there for that dinner. I joined you guys at the hotel dinner.

My neighbor has an 80 Z-28 that doesn't go over 60 mph because the engine is "racing". Compared to his 2010 yeah but for 1980... :face palm:

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Mac (Post 4543355)
I wasn't there for that dinner. I joined you guys at the hotel dinner.

My neighbor has an 80 Z-28 that doesn't go over 60 mph because the engine is "racing". Compared to his 2010 yeah but for 1980... :face palm:

I remember the Hotel but I thought you were at the restaurant also???

Damn been too long man.

LOL uh yeah "racing" got it.... ;)

Blade 02-25-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4543067)
:laugh: I was only kidding! I'm purchasing my car through Tom Henry Racing/Tom Henry Chevrolet...but I'm not having it modified, so it's not a "THR Camaro". That's what my comment was about.

And you're right -- ZL1 is plenty cool! Don't worry, I'm not jaded already! ;)

There's something magical about a THR Camaro, though...Tom lets you "customize" your OWN "special edition", and then it gets sequenced and recorded in the annals of Camaro special editions like every other Special Edition/Aftermarket cars.

This means you have a documented car that is entirely unique to your own tastes...and that doesn't consider the fun you and Tom can have while making it!

They're something else. I sincerely wish I had the means to turn my ZL1 into a THR ZL1. :headbang:

I have actually debated having THR go nuts on my 2010 V6, but I have so much stuff done to it at this point. I wonder if I will just be getting a badge now :iono:

I hope you didn't think I was callin you out, I was just "ribbin" ya, just ask Chris and Spike how much crap I give them on the boards. :)

GTAHVIT 02-25-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4543894)
I have actually debated having THR go nuts on my 2010 V6, but I have so much stuff done to it at this point. I wonder if I will just be getting a badge now :iono:

I hope you didn't think I was callin you out, I was just "ribbin" ya, just ask Chris and Spike how much crap I give them on the boards. :)

we're just trying to get dibs on you bans you first.

;)

still waiting on that answer... I haven't forgotten.

Mr. Wyndham 02-25-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4543894)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4543973)

;)

Oh, is this right?? :rolleyes:

Blade 02-26-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4543973)

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 4544041)
Oh, is this right?? :rolleyes:

Is there a pool? I am good for a $5 on me :)

WadeWilson 02-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade (Post 4546278)
Is there a pool? I am good for a $5 on me :)

:laugh:

Chris is such a mean poopy head, and he's always bullying non mods around. :D

:bolt:

Tom Henry Racing 02-27-2012 10:36 AM

Sounds like a great gathering already, this is killing me that our vacation coincides. :mad0259:

GTAHVIT 02-27-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Henry Racing (Post 4550728)
Sounds like a great gathering already, this is killing me that our vacation coincides. :mad0259:

You think there is a way for you to make it for one day? Thursday or Friday.

Tom Henry Racing 02-27-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 4551025)
You think there is a way for you to make it for one day? Thursday or Friday.

Yep, that is what I am trying to figure out.

GTAHVIT 02-27-2012 02:43 PM

Swacer 02-27-2012 03:34 PM

I'd be interested in coming. Tom and crew should be finished with my car in the next few weeks (of which pictures will find the forums immediately after :-)), and I've been looking for a reason to go on a longer drive with it.

Where would I need to sign up? And where is there more information on it?

GTAHVIT 02-27-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swacer (Post 4552469)
I'd be interested in coming. Tom and crew should be finished with my car in the next few weeks (of which pictures will find the forums immediately after :-)), and I've been looking for a reason to go on a longer drive with it.

Where would I need to sign up? And where is there more information on it?

Cool! Congrats on your THR purchase.

here's where you need to go for informaiton on the fest.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

CustomCarWorx 03-03-2013 07:59 PM

I plan on going to my first fest with my THR 13 ZL1 Vert.

Cheers,
gt

Mr. Wyndham 03-03-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomCarWorx (Post 6241436)
I plan on going to my first fest with my THR 13 ZL1 Vert.

Cheers,
gt

Nice! :D