Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC HID Retrofits: Buyer BEWARE!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258191)

Shazam613 10-30-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5751322)
This is a post from BasAssBumbleBee when he unboxed his AAC installed HID retrofit. It's not the best pic, but if you look at the one that's of the back of the housing you can see that it doesn't look like what's in your OP. Did you say AAC installed them?

AAC didnt install it, but it performed the retrofit, and as you can see from my pics and the ones you've provided....they look totally different? I absolutely didnt have the bulb holder provided at all. AAC is going to ignore this post, but I am definitely going to hold them to the fire for this. Unacceptable!!!!

Wooden Heart 10-30-2012 06:12 AM

Wow...just wow.

austinjames 10-30-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 5751278)
This right here is how it should be done!! Great work Austin! Looks amazing!

Thank u very much

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam613 (Post 5753472)
Thanks for the pic sir.....do you mind if I use this pic in a dispute with AAC? when my set was delivered they looked NOTHING like that? And when I questioned them about the silicone, supposedly it was added byh them to keep moisture out of the housing, which is why I call it shoddy workmanship. I have to chip through that mess to swap a BULB? Ridiculous!!!!

By all means use any pictures you need.

puertoricanfont 10-30-2012 08:26 AM

wow OP i cant believe that they sent it out like that. Mine look like austin's def not some silicone holding the light. Hopefully AAC gets their shit together. Lately they been messing up quite a bit. My sidemarkers had to be sent in for moisture problems even thought they stated that this was no longer a problem:iono:. The good things is that they do take care of you. Just make sure to have your receipt and pay shipping :facepalm: lol

Shazam613 10-30-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinjames (Post 5753555)
Thank u very much

By all means use any pictures you need.

Thanks Austin.....I'm going to send yet another email to Jonathan @ AAC to see if this gets things in motion. At this point this needs to be redone, and redone right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoricanfont (Post 5753777)
wow OP i cant believe that they sent it out like that. Mine look like austin's def not some silicone holding the light. Hopefully AAC gets their shit together. Lately they been messing up quite a bit. My sidemarkers had to be sent in for moisture problems even thought they stated that this was no longer a problem:iono:. The good things is that they do take care of you. Just make sure to have your receipt and pay shipping :facepalm: lol

and that last statement is part of what pisses me off. The fact that I have to pay shipping for them to correct this obvious crapfest.....and they seem to think it is fine......speechless.

Calikenn 10-30-2012 11:44 AM

Sorry to hear about this shaz. Stay strong and don't settle...hope things work out.

The Stig 10-30-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam613 (Post 5753821)
Thanks Austin.....I'm going to send yet another email to Jonathan @ AAC to see if this gets things in motion. At this point this needs to be redone, and redone right!

and that last statement is part of what pisses me off. The fact that I have to pay shipping for them to correct this obvious crapfest.....and they seem to think it is fine......speechless.

Keep in mind. AAC is all at SEMA this week, so you may not hear back from him right away.

C586 10-30-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5754385)
Keep in mind. AAC is all at SEMA this week, so you may not hear back from him right away.

Good. More people can see it before it gets deleted.

The Stig 10-30-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C586 (Post 5755006)
Good. More people can see it before it gets deleted.

Why would it get deleted?

C586 10-30-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5755733)
Why would it get deleted?

It seems any thread talking bad about AAC gets deleted. Or at least posts get removed.

austinjames 10-30-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C586 (Post 5755810)
It seems any thread talking bad about AAC gets deleted. Or at least posts get removed.

I tend to agree with C586 on this one. Seems as though whenever someone brings up a negative comment about a vendor....poof...thread gone or at least a handful of posts. Even if the comments are 100% true. Theres a lot more politics on this site then there use to be regarding vendors. sad but true.

The Stig 10-30-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazam613 (Post 5753473)
AAC didnt install it, but it performed the retrofit, and as you can see from my pics and the ones you've provided....they look totally different? I absolutely didnt have the bulb holder provided at all. AAC is going to ignore this post, but I am definitely going to hold them to the fire for this. Unacceptable!!!!

I'm confused. They performed the retrofit but they didn't install the bulbs and ballast?

C586 10-30-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 5755931)
I'm confused. They performed the retrofit but they didn't install the bulbs and ballast?

They did a incomplete retrofit with cheap knock off parts. They glued the bulb into place instead of doing it the correct way with clips. They didn't install the ballasts because its hard to do that without his car.

Shazam613 10-31-2012 01:30 AM

Thanks for the info....printing this thread out now as a PDF....just to make sure I have it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by austinjames (Post 5755825)
I tend to agree with C586 on this one. Seems as though whenever someone brings up a negative comment about a vendor....poof...thread gone or at least a handful of posts. Even if the comments are 100% true. Theres a lot more politics on this site then there use to be regarding vendors. sad but true.