Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   AAC HID Retrofits: Buyer BEWARE!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258191)

C586 12-13-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houston 5 camaro (Post 5910549)
Wow, after reading what people are saying I'm thinking of canceling my app to have them install retros in my car now at the new houston store. This all sounds so terrible!

That would probably be the best way.

Shazam613 12-13-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puertoricanfont (Post 5903419)
Are the bulbs still siliconed underneath?

I'm out of town now but should return this weekend. I'll see if i can remove the rubber housing and take more pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shazam613 01-03-2013 02:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
sorry about the delay all...work has picked up like crazy.....got a chance to open one of the rubber housing and I see a clip. Pic below:

Attachment 458034

Attachment 458035

Camaro Dude 01-11-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAssBumbleBee (Post 5782078)
That price included shipping to Canada, import duties, brokerage fees and the conversion rate at the time. I also ordered two pairs of the 5202 plasma bulbs (one pair for the Camaro and one pair for my Jeep) which ended up being about 1/3 as bright as the 5202 bulbs I just got from Gen5DIY.

Like I said before, if I knew then what I know now...

I guess you also learned not to use UPS to Canada ever again, as they are the only ones that I know of, that charge astronomical brokerage fees to Canada from USA. First off, these parts are assembled in USA, so under Nafta, you should be paying no "duties" but only taxes. No different than anyone else elsewhere.

I'm only writing this because they give shipping to us a bad rap, and people get scared silly, almost frightened really, to buy and ship to Canada.

FedEx Express(not Ground!) charges a flat rate $10 brokerage, regardless of declared amount on package. Ditto for DHL.

USPS is cheapest, no extra measly $10 to pay, but their service is slooooow.

I've learned the ins and outs of shipping from USA, nice n cheap, it's practically my hobby now :).

Thank you for sharing by the way the experience you had with this vendor, good to know.

BadAssBumbleBee 01-12-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro Dude (Post 7329491)
I guess you also learned not to use UPS to Canada ever again, as they are the only ones that I know of, that charge astronomical brokerage fees to Canada from USA. First off, these parts are assembled in USA, so under Nafta, you should be paying no "duties" but only taxes. No different than anyone else elsewhere.

I'm only writing this because they give shipping to us a bad rap, and people get scared silly, almost frightened really, to buy and ship to Canada.

FedEx Express(not Ground!) charges a flat rate $10 brokerage, regardless of declared amount on package. Ditto for DHL.

USPS is cheapest, no extra measly $10 to pay, but their service is slooooow.

I've learned the ins and outs of shipping from USA, nice n cheap, it's practically my hobby now :).

Thank you for sharing by the way the experience you had with this vendor, good to know.

Unfortunately, AAC only uses UPS for large packages like the one the headlights came in.

In all honesty, if the vendor/seller does some homework they can usually set up an excellent shipping agreement with UPS.

I purchased 5 17x8 wheels and 5 285/70/17 BFG KM2's for my Jeep from Tire Rack. The total weight for the shipment was just under 500 lbs., declared value was $2500.....I paid a total of $50.00 in duties because of the arrangement that Tire Rack has with UPS.

Like I said earlier, live and learn......no more AAC for me!