Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I think I will wait to see the CTS coupe (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41054)

stretch98 09-05-2009 08:06 PM

I think I will wait to see the CTS coupe

After car shopping for several months I was close to buying an Audi A5 when the economy went belly up. At that point, I felt the need to buy American and switched my attention to the Camaro. At a shade over 6'6", however, I needed to see the car in person first and when I did, the interior compared to the Audi (who makes the finest interiors out there) left a lot to be desired.

I have waited this long and I have a decent vehicle to drive so as of now I am leaning toward suspending my decision for a while until I can see the Cadillac. The CTS sedan interior is one of the best ever in an American vehicle and in a two-door sport coupe, that could be my perfect car.

cKerensky 09-05-2009 08:11 PM

I love the CTS, and at 6'2, I can definately see how it would be getting tight at 6'6.
I do suspect somewhere down the line I, or someone in my close family will be purchasing a CTS. Beautiful cars!

Z/28orSs 09-05-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch98 (Post 889229)
After car shopping for several months I was close to buying an Audi A5 when the economy went belly up. At that point, I felt the need to buy American and switched my attention to the Camaro. At a shade over 6'6", however, I needed to see the car in person first and when I did, the interior compared to the Audi (who makes the finest interiors out there) left a lot to be desired.

I have waited this long and I have a decent vehicle to drive so as of now I am leaning toward suspending my decision for a while until I can see the Cadillac. The CTS sedan interior is one of the best ever in an American vehicle and in a two-door sport coupe, that could be my perfect car.

the audi isnt much bigger on the inside. if it is at all i really like the a5 if it was not an audi i would get one

Zeus 09-05-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z/28orSs (Post 889900)
the audi isnt much bigger on the inside. if it is at all i really like the a5 if it was not an audi i would get one

why does that matter?

stretch98 09-06-2009 12:03 AM

The headroom (without the sunroof) and legroom in the Camaro are acceptable for me. My dissatisfaction with the Camaro's interior compared to the Audi A5 and Cadillac CTS relates to the quality of the materials, not interior space. Sorry for the confusion.

Z/28orSs 09-06-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 889919)
why does that matter?

my gf owns a a4 and craftmanshi[ sucks its a long list off stuff they wont fix under warrenty, the local corvette club had a show, a few months back and they where saying the same things about their audi's

Zeus 09-06-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z/28orSs (Post 889945)
my gf owns a a4 and craftmanshi[ sucks its a long list off stuff they wont fix under warrenty, the local corvette club had a show, a few months back and they where saying the same things about their audi's

My family has 3 Audi's, never had a major problem with any of them and the issues that we have had are all quick fixes. Id say BMW is the best service wise but Audi is up there too.

Z/28orSs 09-06-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus (Post 889962)
My family has 3 Audi's, never had a major problem with any of them and the issues that we have had are all quick fixes. Id say BMW is the best service wise but Audi is up there too.

lol yeah i havent completly written them off yet but there giving us the run around....
but on other note i dont like the engine the 2.0 t is so slow and that car weights more than the camaro. the s5 is the way to go but i dont have that kinda money. after comeing out a 4th gen interior's mean almost nothing to me it has nothing to do with the drving experience atleast thats my opinion

Zeus 09-06-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z/28orSs (Post 889978)
lol yeah i havent completly written them off yet but there giving us the run around....
but on other note i dont like the engine the 2.0 t is so slow and that car weights more than the camaro. the s5 is the way to go but i dont have that kinda money. after comeing out a 4th gen interior's mean almost nothing to me it has nothing to do with the drving experience atleast thats my opinion

Well thats not really what Audi is about, the thrill of driving is more BMW's land. Audi is more the comfortable, entertaining, and classy route. Everything in the new audi's is very clean sleek and sexy, while also being very european (attention to detail) and their interiors are second to none.

1badSS/RS 09-06-2009 09:46 AM

The CTS sedan is awsome. The coupe concept is sharp as heck. You can't go wrong either way.:)

AZCamaroFan 09-06-2009 11:09 AM

I love the CTS, but the coupe styling just doesn't work for me.

stretch98 09-06-2009 11:43 AM

Different strokes for different folks. IMO the styling of the CTS coupe is fantastic.

Zeus 09-06-2009 03:05 PM

Some pictures for references...

http://www.desktopcar.net/wallpaper/...-coupe_155.jpg

http://www.zcars.com.au/images/cadil...-interior1.jpg

seesharp4me 09-06-2009 04:37 PM

I like the exterior. The interior center stack reminds me of Infinity interiors. Not fond of the steering wheel though.