Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AAC Colorshift 2.0 LED halos! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155134)

brengeek 06-27-2011 12:59 AM

AAC Colorshift 2.0 LED halos!

6 Attachment(s)
Spouse spent the weekend installing these awesome LED lights in our car. AAC's colorshift 2.0 halos & fog lights, ccfl afterburners & an LED bowtie. :thumbup:

camaro4mybday 06-27-2011 01:05 AM

Very nice, Im doing a color shift kit in a camaro tommorow, where did you put the controller

brengeek 06-27-2011 01:06 AM

He put it in the center console, fits in there just perfectly!

camaro4mybday 06-27-2011 04:14 AM

Nice, I wa thinking there or the glove box

Overflow 06-27-2011 08:31 AM

Nice! How long did it take him to install it?

brengeek 06-27-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overflow (Post 3390750)
Nice! How long did it take him to install it?

A little hard to pin down the actual time since it was on & off over the weekend but I'd say less than 8 hours for all of it would be a good guess. The videos are very helpful. Between that and the other postings from people who have installed (there's a few great DIY threads on halo installations here) he was able to figure it out pretty easily. One of the biggest pains was taking off the front end, there are a few more bolts than anyone noted but he got it done ;)

rareslick 06-27-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brengeek (Post 3391270)
A little hard to pin down the actual time since it was on & off over the weekend but I'd say less than 8 hours for all of it would be a good guess. The videos are very helpful. Between that and the other postings from people who have installed (there's a few great DIY threads on halo installations here) he was able to figure it out pretty easily. One of the biggest pains was taking off the front end, there are a few more bolts than anyone noted but he got it done ;)

I'm assuming he had never done this before, and it came out looking good!

The Stig 06-27-2011 11:48 AM

Under 8 hours isn't a bad time at all. I've done the install 3 times now and I'm continually around 6 hours.

The hardest part is getting those W screw at the very top of the bumper. Every time it takes me like a half hour.

rareslick 06-27-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 3391562)
Under 8 hours isn't a bad time at all. I've done the install 3 times now and I'm continually around 6 hours.

The hardest part is getting those W screw at the very top of the bumper. Every time it takes me like a half hour.

How many bolts and screws are there in each side after taking the wheel well liner

Msltech 06-27-2011 05:32 PM

Additional Front End Screws

To all,

In addition to the 3 they show inside the fender well there is also a 10mm and 8 mm at each side marker. The easiest way to get to all of them for me was to remove the fender well splash guard (3 screws in front and 2 in back and 5 or 6 plastic inserts) Also the cable connector for the fogs is short, so you will need someone to help you disconnect it or have something there to support the frontend. :thumbsup:

camaro4mybday 06-27-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 3391562)

Total time today was 4hrs with sealant drying time, if you spend a few mins and pull the whole wheel well the bolts are easy

brengeek 06-28-2011 12:18 AM

WHen I said it was around 8 hours - that included the afterburners, LED bowtie as well. He didn't do too badly for a first timer :)