Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My Cobalt SS/TC (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27714)

Mazdaboi318 06-16-2009 11:56 AM

My Cobalt SS/TC

Well guys its been a while since i posted so i wanted to give everyone an Update.

Currently i am sponsored by Clear Image Automotive.

I am tuned by Trifecta
Clear Image 3' High Flow Cat Downpipe
Tint
Shorty Antenna

On the way: Intake, Charge/Boost piping, Exhaust, Intercooler.

Currently pushing 320 whp and 340 tq.
estimated. My tune is a little more aggresive than others.

After the mods on the way we are looking for 340 whp and 400 tq on the stock turbo. Which is a Twin scroll K04.

Pro's and Con's:

I have a horrible rattle coming from my sunroof! it is bad.
Car has already already proved itself to a lot of people.

Other kills:
z28 Camaro. idk what year
Stage 2 Cobalt ss/sc.
350z unknown mod's
Boosted G5
others.

I love the car but i have had a few problems. Some leaks....:(

Valve cover was leaking from the drivers side. Just a very small leak but needed to be addressed.

Oil pan bolt was too tight and was leaking oil.

Any other questions please ask and i would love to fill you in on whats going on with the cobalts!

On the Way
Aem Wideband
Prosport Boost Gauge
ZZP triple gauge pillar
Hurst Short Throw

Nice to be here!

shank0668 06-16-2009 01:03 PM

Z/28 CAMARO

SSmoked 06-16-2009 08:18 PM

short ram intake, front mount intercooler, and turbo back exhaust and ull be set. now get some suspension mods if u dont alredy have em like coilovers, front+rear sway bars. oo and most importantly engine mounts to put that power down to the ground properly.

o yea and post up some pics of ur car plz

The_Blur 06-16-2009 08:51 PM

:thumbsup: First of all, it is very good to have you on Camaro5! :sm1: Second of all, I am going to be blunt. We want you to enjoy yourself here, so please follow these guidelines when you edit your original post or repost.

You need a legitimate dyno tune. Estimates are less than worthless.

I used to own a Cobalt. :chevy: Those are some very impressive cars. :D You will definitely be running with some of our Camaro SS owners at the track.

:flame: Spell Camaro correctly. People who came to this site have the spelling in their address bar. There's really no excuse for spelling it incorrectly.

I'm not surprised that you beat a Z28. A lot of Cobalt guys for some reason make that their goal in life. I always thought that was hilarious.

Posting kills might be a sign of street racing. Don't street race. Keep it at the track, and race with class. I'd hate to see you brag about beating a Z28 only to have another Z28 beat you because it was more extensively modified. Each car is unique, and no 2 cars that you race will ever be the same. Beating a Z28 does not mean that you will beat all Z28s, so there's really no point in listing the car unless you also have that car's dyno numbers. For example, if you're going to post that you beat a 2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged, then you also need to post either what was installed on the car—GMPP Stage III, HPTuners, AEM intake, Magnaflow catback exhaust, Pacesetter header—or what its confirmed horsepower was. It adds credibility if you have a video or drag strip results. If you street raced, then there is no way to prove it without incriminating yourself for performing an illegal activity. That is why you need to keep it on the track.

In other words, I completely respect your car. :drinking: Don't bother telling us who you defeated unless you have performance numbers or track slips. We like evidence.

Lastly and most importantly, we want pictures! :needpics:

Mazdaboi318 06-16-2009 11:20 PM

Pictures will be up soon!

And i beat the Z/28 at the track

I know absolutely nothing about Camaro's

But lately i have been very interested in them!

Thank you for the Welcome

And i am sponsored by Clear Image so we are working out some products for me ;)

Im Young, So guide me i guess. I want to learn more about the Camaro. Especially since i want to compete with them.

The_Blur 06-17-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazdaboi318 (Post 591635)
Pictures will be up soon!

And i beat the Z/28 at the track

I know absolutely nothing about Camaro's

But lately i have been very interested in them!

Thank you for the Welcome

And i am sponsored by Clear Image so we are working out some products for me ;)

Im Young, So guide me i guess. I want to learn more about the Camaro. Especially since i want to compete with them.

Your best resource for learning is looking through the wiki section of Camaro5. The Cobalt SS is a great car. Make sure not to underestimate the Camaro. The torque will destroy you at the starting line, but you have a chance of catching up at the finish if you have a lot of horsepower behind you with the right gearing. I'd like to see some dyno numbers and quarter mile times before recommending anything for your car to make sure it can keep up with the Camaro.

vdevine 06-17-2009 09:32 PM

Pics

Send pics...

Mazdaboi318 06-18-2009 10:47 PM

I have some crappy pictures i will post later. TRying to get a shoot soon!