Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   L99 owners please weigh in. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30331)

PQ 07-01-2009 02:02 PM

L99 owners please weigh in.

L99 owners give us your experience so far.
Miles, Oil changes, VIN#, other variables.

If you haven't tracked your 0-60 times please try to do so. (SAFELY)
Just curious as to how they are all performing. A number of us have had slow times and trying to figure it out.

Post a vid of your run if you can. Or just give a reweiw of your thoughts.
Thanx in advance.

jdbaker82 07-01-2009 02:03 PM

/popcorn

UCF w00t 07-01-2009 02:07 PM

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/jackson4.gif

Dakota Kid 07-01-2009 02:11 PM

Good thread. Mine (I should say my fiance's) is due to be here in a few weeks, you can bet your paycheck I will drive it hard to make sure it performs before signing any paperwork.

jdanza 07-01-2009 02:18 PM

:confused0068: :popcorn:

PQ 07-01-2009 02:19 PM

Added my 0-60 vid in the OP.

VIN# 9067
Over 2000 miles
Broke the engine in according to GM suggestions.
Oil changed @ 1500 miles

I've been really happy with this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world and it seems strong after about 65 MPH.

Engine is strong. I can feel the power pushing the heavy car but it's just not accelerating the way it should. As I've said before, Bonnies car beat me EASILY and that shouldn't happen.

jdanza 07-01-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 638878)
Added my 0-60 vid in the OP.

VIN# 9067
Over 2000 miles
Broke the engine in according to GM suggestions.
Oil changed @ 1500 miles

I've been really happy with this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world and it seems strong after about 65 MPH.

Engine is strong. I can feel the power pushing the heavy car but it's just not accelerating the way it should. As I've said before, Bonnies car beat me EASILY and that shouldn't happen.

WTF, You should beat her car easy ,no?
Do you think the problem is the AFM ?

That sucks, I hope you are able to get this straightened out

PQ 07-01-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanza (Post 638901)
WTF, You should beat her car easy ,no?
Do you think the problem is the AFM ?

That sucks, I hope you are able to get this straightened out

Don't think it's AFM. It's too strong jon acceleration for that. just not strong enough to get around 5 seconds to 60.

And yes. It should beat hers easy.

jsmith 07-01-2009 05:59 PM

I have had mine for just over 1 month, I only have 900 miles on the car and changed the oil @700 miles. I have yet to try putting the pedal to the metal, I have done some fast starts but nothing to crazy maybe 4k-4.5k RPM. It is hard for me to determine how much power this car has compared to my 2007 G35 that I had, it had 306hp and good acceleration.
I am concerned with the issues that Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka are having because there might be a possibility that my car has the same issues when I try it out.

When I reach the recommended 1500 miles I am going to try the car out and let you guys know, hopefully by the end of next week. So far I have had no issues with anything on the car, so that is good. I am keeping up daily on all the threads and thanks for Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka for dilligently keepng us all informed.:clap::clap:

VIN#9436

SGOS252382 07-01-2009 06:16 PM

Vin # 8446
No issues - feels fast (probably runs mid 13s even in 90 degree South Florida heat and humidity).

Pretty much no break in. I did take it a little easy for the first 100 miles, but I did make a few high speed runs and played with the tap shifts shifting at close to redline.

0-60mph, 5.22 sec (G-tech) at 300 mile mark

Currently has 400 miles on it, and I pretty much nail the gas pedal to the floor every chance I get.
I plan on changing my oil around the 1000 mile mark.

ElAntonius 07-01-2009 06:36 PM

#7038, 340 Miles

No issues. Best run to 60 has been 5.38 (G-Tac iPhone software measured it...experimentally it was accurate +-2 MPH to my friend's speedo). Had to start it on a slight turn so I couldn't gun it till I hit the straight. I'm almost certain I could have shaved off a good chunk on a better launch situation.

So this brings me to a question for those of you having problems...try not flooring it on the launch: feed in the throttle smoothly from a stop and see if you get better results. Has anyone with problems tried this?

PQ 07-01-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmith (Post 639588)
I have had mine for just over 1 month, I only have 900 miles on the car and changed the oil @700 miles. I have yet to try putting the pedal to the metal, I have done some fast starts but nothing to crazy maybe 4k-4.5k RPM. It is hard for me to determine how much power this car has compared to my 2007 G35 that I had, it had 306hp and good acceleration.
I am concerned with the issues that Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka are having because there might be a possibility that my car has the same issues when I try it out.
When I reach the recommended 1500 miles I am going to try the car out and let you guys know, hopefully by the end of next week. So far I have had no issues with anything on the car, so that is good. I am keeping up daily on all the threads and thanks for Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka for dilligently keepng us all informed.:clap::clap:

VIN#9436

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 639650)
Vin # 8446
No issues - feels fast (probably runs mid 13s even in 90 degree South Florida heat and humidity).

Pretty much no break in. I did take it a little easy for the first 100 miles, but I did make a few high speed runs and played with the tap shifts shifting at close to redline.

0-60mph, 5.22 sec (G-tech) at 300 mile mark

Currently has 400 miles on it, and I pretty much nail the gas pedal to the floor every chance I get.
I plan on changing my oil around the 1000 mile mark.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAntonius (Post 639715)
#7038, 340 Miles

No issues. Best run to 60 has been 5.38 (G-Tac iPhone software measured it...experimentally it was accurate +-2 MPH to my friend's speedo). Had to start it on a slight turn so I couldn't gun it till I hit the straight. I'm almost certain I could have shaved off a good chunk on a better launch situation.

So this brings me to a question for those of you having problems...try not flooring it on the launch: feed in the throttle smoothly from a stop and see if you get better results. Has anyone with problems tried this?

I'll try it but a whole second is alot. I've tried just punching it. Reving to just before spinning, and just lifting the rpms to 1500. Doing the Dynolicious tonight.

ElAntonius 07-01-2009 06:57 PM

Irpq - the reason I say this is because...in S mode, flooring it, I got a 6.38 once. It seems faster when you feed it in smoothly, and the 2-3 times that I've measured it have borne this out.

Hell, my best time was in D mode with a bit of a rollout coming from a slight right off a stop sign.

So I'm starting to wonder if the best launch for the L99 is smoothly fed in...particularly since Mike@Newera (I think) commented that he felt that lower RPMs gave him better times as well.

jsmith 07-01-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAntonius (Post 639772)
Irpq - the reason I say this is because...in S mode, flooring it, I got a 6.38 once. It seems faster when you feed it in smoothly, and the 2-3 times that I've measured it have borne this out.

Hell, my best time was in D mode with a bit of a rollout coming from a slight right off a stop sign.

So I'm starting to wonder if the best launch for the L99 is smoothly fed in...particularly since Mike@Newera (I think) commented that he felt that lower RPMs gave him better times as well.

So do you keep the traction control on also or do you keep it in D in the comp mode?

Thanks