Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Man.....2 years will be a long time to wait! Newbie Here. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412)

cc-rider 12-15-2006 06:21 PM

Man.....2 years will be a long time to wait! Newbie Here.

Howdy fellas. New to your site here. My compliments on the site, I like it.

Just wanted to say hello and express my love for this new camaro. 2 years is going to be a long damn time to wait. I find my self frequenting this site daily for new info so I thought I'd join in on the fun.

I have always loved the '67 camaro and used to ride/drive one frequently back in high school. I have been saying for years that GM should just break out the old molds and reproduce that car. Well.....they did even better with this thing. One will be guaranteed to be in my garage so long as it has a reasonable price tag.

:burnrubber:

alleykt123 12-15-2006 06:51 PM

Hiya and welcome to the site!

I know what you mean about the wait - I'm driving everyone around me crazy with the incessant "I-can't-wait-for-the-Camaro" talk (just like I did before my GTO got made and delivered).

Moose 12-15-2006 06:57 PM

Welcome!;)

I think we all agree, the wait will be tough. But it'll be well worth it! :thumbsup:

SSFreak11 12-15-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc-rider (Post 3820)
Howdy fellas. New to your site here. My compliments on the site, I like it.

Just wanted to say hello and express my love for this new camaro. 2 years is going to be a long damn time to wait. I find my self frequenting this site daily for new info so I thought I'd join in on the fun.

I have always loved the '67 camaro and used to ride/drive one frequently back in high school. I have been saying for years that GM should just break out the old molds and reproduce that car. Well.....they did even better with this thing. One will be guaranteed to be in my garage so long as it has a reasonable price tag.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../mswerdxk7.gif

TAG UR IT 12-16-2006 12:10 AM

Welcome to the site, buddy. Glad to have another enthusiast here!

stonecoldvenom 12-18-2006 09:03 AM

I'm in agreement as well. This wait is gonna be very painful but worth the wait at the same time. :bow:

OverAnxious 12-18-2006 10:05 AM

Welcome :D

IToldYouSo 12-18-2006 11:17 AM

it will be out in early 08 as an 09 just like they did with the new escalades. they brought them out in february of this year as an 07. the camaro will be out sooner than you think

afterdigital 12-18-2006 11:44 AM

hey, too bad we don't live near each other to have a meet 6 months after the camaro comes out -

Hyperknight 12-18-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IToldYouSo (Post 3906)
it will be out in early 08 as an 09 just like they did with the new escalades. they brought them out in february of this year as an 07. the camaro will be out sooner than you think

I sure hope so

fbodfather 12-18-2006 10:26 PM

Yes...the wait is long....but it will be worth it.

Keep in mind that the new Camaro comes from a clean sheet of paper -- unlike some other cars that will come off an existing platform.

When you are dealing with a 'hallowed' nameplate like Camaro -- you'd better get it right......'cause if we don't -- our enthusiasts will hunt us down and remove our faces with an air wrench!

KILLER74Z28 12-18-2006 10:35 PM

No worries Scott, most of us have been patiently waiting since its demise. We have “Kept the Faith” as requested… We know it will be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Mestizo 12-19-2006 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fbodfather (Post 3926)
Yes...the wait is long....but it will be worth it.

Keep in mind that the new Camaro comes from a clean sheet of paper -- unlike some other cars that will come off an existing platform.

When you are dealing with a 'hallowed' nameplate like Camaro -- you'd better get it right......'cause if we don't -- our enthusiasts will hunt us down and remove our faces with an air wrench!

With Black Suburbans? :confused:

Dodge kind of did it to themselves with the Charger....now having to release the Challenger (as an apology).

TAG UR IT 12-19-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mestizo (Post 3930)
With Black Suburbans? :confused:

Dodge kind of did it to themselves with the Charger....now having to release the Challenger (as an apology).

:laugh: Man, I had the perfect picture for ya'll. I was running around in the car during work and came across two completely blacked out suburbans in front of one house. All black w/ limo tint windows and completely matching. I wish I coulda snapped a pic. "So those are the black suburbans you don't want showing up at your house!" :D