Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Hi guys new here..need help beating my son (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67347)

Den4176 02-23-2010 09:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLApqoaAfO4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC3Ot_oxbe0STAGE 3:popcorn:

Camaro123 02-24-2010 12:03 AM

I use to beat the M3's with a stock Pontiac GTO 2005... I cant believe that a camaro cant oner run the M3...!!!

jrc1122 02-24-2010 11:30 AM

He will easily take him in his "Camero" lol...
________
ROOR BONGS

68vert 02-24-2010 12:48 PM

LSX + roots supercharger = Mission accomplished.

kryologik 02-24-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68vert (Post 1517483)
LSX + roots supercharger = Mission accomplished.

That alone still isn't gonna cut it.. way, way, way too much power for the stock drivetrain. I'm with the other poster on here who commented about just buying a ZR1. If you're going to spend THATTT much money _just_ to go fast, why go through the hassle of having to mod the Camaro that much? It'd be so much easier to just buy a much better equipped car (ZR1) and do cams/exhaust..

Whatever though. You've got all the info you need on here. Good luck with whatever it is you decide to do, OP.

axis 02-24-2010 02:34 PM

It all depends on what kind of racing you'll be doing. He'll be hampered in the 1/4 mile by boost lag as it's gonna have quite a lot to get the massive turbo spooled. By the time he hits full boost, you should be SEVERAL car lengths ahead of him, assuming you know how to drive. A Vortech or Procharger would be your best choice and wil cost you around $8-9k installed. They will also be a tad easier on the drivetrain since it's not insta-tq. Add a good handling package from Hotchkis, Pedders, or Pfadt for another $4-5k. Better clutch and half shafts for ??. You should easily get in under $20k and still be able to run 93 octane. For top speed runs, he may have you unless you do a LOT of aero mods. For cornering, the above handling packages are known to run with or out turn the ZR1's.

For what your son spent on his upgrades, you could easily put a built LS7 in and FI it for 1000+WHEEL HP.

Sawyer 02-24-2010 02:45 PM

twin turbo, major revamp of the internals, tranny, suspension, fuel system, etc.

Mustang Killa 02-24-2010 03:27 PM

Should have started with a ZR-1 if this is legit..

Mustang Killa 02-24-2010 03:28 PM

Camero??? Really?:facepalm:

coolman 02-24-2010 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Stop listening to all these fools. This is all you need. LOL

VADER SS L99 02-24-2010 11:10 PM

Why are people even suggesting ZR1. These cars can be made to annialate built M3's for half the price of a new M3. Why you would compare a Zr1 to a m3 is beyond me as those 2 cars or nowhere near the same level or class of car. The M3 however is a good match for the Camaro as they are both 2 door coupes, front engine, rear wheel drive with a back seat. They both start with about the same performance level. Comparing a ZR1 to a M3 is like comparing a knife to a M249 SAW. Not to mention he could put 40k in his Camaro and still be left with 30k to buy another Camaro for a daily driver VS the price of a ZR1.

kryologik 02-25-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 (Post 1519941)
Why are people even suggesting ZR1. These cars can be made to annialate built M3's for half the price of a new M3. Why you would compare a Zr1 to a m3 is beyond me as those 2 cars or nowhere near the same level or class of car. The M3 however is a good match for the Camaro as they are both 2 door coupes, front engine, rear wheel drive with a back seat. They both start with about the same performance level. Comparing a ZR1 to a M3 is like comparing a knife to a M249 SAW. Not to mention he could put 40k in his Camaro and still be left with 30k to buy another Camaro for a daily driver VS the price of a ZR1.

:readthethread: The M3 in question is supposedly 800rwhp.

Team STILLEN 02-25-2010 12:50 PM

Ok, being a professional fabricator and having had the chance to build E46 M3's with the HPF turbo kits I must admit they surprised the hell out of me. Anyone on here that thinks that its impossible to make that kind of power from a I6, or says our cars will beat them simply because its a V8, doesn't really have their head on straight. lets not forget the SERIOUS 500 pound weight advantage that the M3 has over us either. The other benefit of the M3 is that it starts out as a $60k car. Making the transmission, the rear end, and the total drivetrain a lot stronger. Also its an M3!!! These thing has supension and brakes for daaaaaaaaaaays! :bow:

That being said... I personally am an American Muscle fan currently having 3 S197 Mustangs and a new Camaro on the way of my own all in different states of total mayhem. Turbos, blower, Nitrous, all of it.

The basic question still remains for 8myCash..... How much more cash do you want to spend??? Having built 1400hp Mustangs, 1200 horsepower Vettes, and even serious street cars pushing well over 1000 horsepower, your goal of beating him can be accomplished. But the $20,000 budget is a little unreal. Why not just build yourself a 700whp Camaro that can at least stay up with him but spend the rest on suspension and brakes and surprise him by being able to stick with him in the turns as well? (and not kill yourself while you're at it) At the end of the day, you're still 10's of thousands less out of pocket.

Working closely with Vortech and cog drive systems, I can tell you right up front that when you pop the hood, your will absolutely win the holy s**t war with your son! Nothing looks harder than a cog drive set up!! Plus he may have the blow off valve, but have you ever heard a cog drive?!?!? :headbang::headbang:

Plus you can keep the system de-tuned for now around 600 wheel and keep the stock motor for now. Once it blows, and it will blow, build a bottom end then and beef up the tranny through G-Force. Put the rest of the money into some serious PFADT Racing suspension and some AP Racing brakes. Build a balanced car and have fun. :thumbup:

Shoot me an email if you're serious about taking your new Camaro to the next level and we can work out a game plan and budget to get you there. Doing it in stages or even all at once.

Sawyer 02-25-2010 01:45 PM

I agree that people overlook the weight of a specific car in comparison.