Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Hard to start? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153371)

buelldude 06-17-2011 09:22 AM

Hard to start?

So my LS3 powered 2010 Camaro is having an issue, its starting hard. Here is the info on the problem
1. Car is cold and I have to go someplace- it starts fine
2. Car starts hard after I have driven it to another location and yes the car is warm. I have to let the car crank over twice as long (sometimes longer) as when it was cold
3. Last time it was in the shop I had them check number #7 plug because it was a dark color and gummy. (I had pulled the plugs to put on my shorty headers)

What do you think?

slickmetal 06-17-2011 09:54 AM

I noticed over time a little bit of this...

Cold starts are perfect, then after I go somewhere for just a little bit, and when I restart and crank, it hesitates slightly,kinda like it wants to die... but still starts...

I dont know if its me, or something but switched a tune and seems to happen less or not at all ?!

epstein 06-17-2011 02:09 PM

check and watch your fuel pressure ...... I have personally seen it actually rise when key is cycled off . Then after initial attempt to start it drops back down and fires up......Dont know why...still figuring that part out

DSX 06-21-2011 08:57 PM

What's done to the car?

buelldude 06-22-2011 04:48 AM

????

Well here is a thread that I started back in 09. It just know started to get bad again. It was never bad enough to take in till now.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46987

That was before I did anything to the car. I have put on these things since it started.

drop in filter- K&N
shorty headers -DT
catback -flowmaster
skipshift bypass
tint- I don't think its that:laugh:
hurst shifter -I really don't think its that:rolleyes:
gas- 863 gals (give or take):facepalm: not that either

That is all that has been done to the car, other than maint and driving:chevy:

CamaroMiami 06-22-2011 05:11 AM

:popcorn: Please keep us posted on this.

buelldude 10-25-2011 07:05 AM

going to the dealer for the second time with this problem, they found nothing the first time?????

2010_camaro 10-26-2011 01:53 AM

Ive seen fuel pumps do this alot when they get weak.

buelldude 10-27-2011 04:50 AM

Ok, here is an update to this problem. The dealer still can't find anything and told me to use tier-1 gas. It did it again this morning on the way into work, but they can't seem to get it to do it when they have the car.
I have been starting cars for 30 years now and I think I have it down, they said there is nothing wrong????? A few other people that have read this and I have talked to say its a leaky injector, I did pull plug #7 a year ago and found black gue on it and replaced it (the dealer did). The rest of the plugs were pulled and they are fine (med grey).

here is a link to my first post in 09, I just found it. Sorry for the repost
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46987

buelldude 11-08-2011 04:11 PM

?????

Well here is another update; I can only tell you what they did. The reasons for it still is with the dealer/tech.
1. Battery replaced- they had a reading that should have been around 12-14 volts and it was only 8.9. I think it was for the ECM????
2. All the injectors- when being replaced they found a small amount of gas that had leaked out. I don't know where the leak was.

The car didn't act up the morning after for the 1st thru the 3rd test drive; they were thinking it was fixed. That afternoon another drive around the block said otherwise when they parked it and tried to restart it. The car started hard like it has been doing for the last two years, I will say the dealer is keeping me updated. The dealer is Hampton Chevrolet, Hampton VA.

nancygrl 11-08-2011 04:31 PM

Well at least it's happening for them, so they can't say nothing's wrong anymore.

Steck 11-24-2011 07:06 AM

Are you tip starting the car, or holding the key until it fires? These cars use tip start meaning you can just flick the key forward and let go, and it will crank until it fires up on its own. You don't have to manually keep the starter engaged anymore. I've found they start a lot better when you tip start them. I assume keeping the key forward puts extra electrical drain on the system while cranking.

buelldude 12-12-2011 06:49 AM

Update----- GM is sending someone down to look into it. They still don't know what is going on. The dealer has done a good job with keeping me notified with everything that is going on. I have the car now and its still doing the same, I will know more sometime in the near future.

pderango 05-05-2013 01:07 PM

Any resolution to this problem? My 2010 CAMARO built in April 2009 has the same problem.