Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Wanted to buy: High flow cats (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143483)

RM Daniels 2011 04-25-2011 06:47 PM

Wanted to buy: High flow cats

Looking to buy high flow cats for my Doug Thorley long tubes.

The Stig 04-25-2011 07:14 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the cats usually built into LT headers

RM Daniels 2011 04-25-2011 07:26 PM

cats

Not sure??

Dosin 04-26-2011 08:09 AM

My understanding is that you can buy SOLO or JBA high flow catalytic converter that connects to your exhaust (after market or oem) and headers. Kooks may sell some also. I don't want headers. Only the high flow cats.

RM Daniels 2011 04-26-2011 02:15 PM

cats

Why dont you like headers? Isnt it better to have both? Let me know!!

Dosin 04-26-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Daniels 2011 (Post 3144648)
Why dont you like headers? Isnt it better to have both? Let me know!!

My understanding is that the high flow cats will change the sounds and give it a deep growl. I do not want to spend too much more on exhaust. My MBRP already cost a grand and high flow cats are 650 from SOLO. I will be content with my exhaust and high flow cats.

Does anyone know if I recycle my OEM cats that they are worth anything as scrap? Do they have some rare elements that are worth some money???

The Stig 04-26-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dosin (Post 3144679)
My understanding is that the high flow cats will change the sounds and give it a deep growl. I do not want to spend too much more on exhaust. My MBRP already cost a grand and high flow cats are 650 from SOLO. I will be content with my exhaust and high flow cats.

Does anyone know if I recycle my OEM cats that they are worth anything as scrap? Do they have some rare elements that are worth some money???

You could try to find a set of high flow cats used in the classifieds section. As for scrap, they probably wouldn't go for much. You'd be better off selling them here and seeing if someone would buy them.

lionssfan 05-04-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

plantiun is inside yes ther are worth something call the scrap yards

nitto85 05-04-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

I think you can usually get like $75 for the cats or something like that, because of the platinum in them.

Revo1 05-04-2011 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 3141040)
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the cats usually built into LT headers

Nopez. But the LTs will move the cats back a bit.

Revo1 05-04-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Hi-flows are a great way to boost your sound and pick up a little grunt for small coin. However, if you want to get real gains out of them, you'll want a tune. The sound is going to get ALOT bigger tho ;)

For example, here's a clip of my car- muffler/resonator delete, Magnaflow X pipe, stock cats.

Now here's a clip of my buddy's car- muffler delete, Magnaflow X-pipe, JBA hi-flows.

2ss black 05-05-2011 08:41 AM

also long tube hearder will void your powertrain warranty high flow will not:confused0068: