Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tampa Tuning generation 5 Camaro V6 tuning (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133252)

Tampa Tuning 03-06-2011 01:25 PM

Tampa Tuning generation 5 Camaro V6 tuning

www.TampaTuning.com
Your crys for help have been heard

Tampa Tuning is working with HP Tuners to find a logical solution to the V6 tuning platform. I need to pull the tune off one or two Gen 5 V6 Camaros to determine how HP Tuners processes your PCM tune. Then send them my infologs for further processing of there system. No changes will be made at the first tune retrieval, but once HP Tuners reviews the infolog, Ill want that V6 back for tune modifications.

Headers and CAI preferred in the Tampa, Fl area

Tampa Tuning 03-12-2011 06:02 AM

Just an update. I pulled the infolog off a V6 wednesday night and sent it to HPT. They are still setting trying to set up a tuning program for the V6, but its not prepared yet.

jeff4946 03-12-2011 04:29 PM

Sweet jesus... A real handheld?

rhd 03-12-2011 04:33 PM

:happyanim::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::dro ol::drool::drool::drool::happyanim:

you might want to post this in the v6 bolt on area to get some more views

jeff4946 03-13-2011 07:32 AM

Rhd!!!..... Its like we have the same interests:) Hopefully this comes through and solves our issues with pulling timing. It will be able to adjust spark advancement right?

Tampa Tuning 03-13-2011 08:14 AM

It wont be a hand held unit, but will allow HP Tuners to begin tuning V6s. Although HP Tuners wanted the infolog from a V6, no time frame was given when the platform will be available.

They do understand the demand, but we are unsure what the gains will be. I think if we can at least tighten the transmissions up that alone would be great.

bossbunny 03-13-2011 09:44 AM

Anyone can hook a laptop up and change our trannies. And we aren't expecting 90hp+ gains. We are just hoping to get more out of the mods we put on the car.

I am SUBSCRIBED! :popcorn:

If you make it happen captain, I'll personally drive down to Tampa and hug you! :laugh:

jeff4946 03-13-2011 09:47 AM

By the looks of that profile pick, bunny.... Im gonna build one if you promise to drive here. You know what? Screw it, ill bring it to you:)

rhd 03-13-2011 09:50 AM

Lol if you guys build it I will drive down with her and hug you guys too! Lol

bossbunny 03-13-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff4946 (Post 2954426)
By the looks of that profile pick, bunny.... Im gonna build one if you promise to drive here. You know what? Screw it, ill bring it to you:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhd (Post 2954434)
Lol if you guys build it I will drive down with her and hug you guys too! Lol

Bwahaha. :sm0: Ya'll crack me up. I just want more tuning options so the next one that comes out .... :D So it they pull this off there is gonna be alot of hugging.

Hey Rhd - What shot are you running? And do you have a purge kit? Do you worry about your engine with the nos? Cause I heard our car loves it am I'm looking into the Zex kit for later down the road but again, need a tune. :D

jeff4946 03-13-2011 10:11 AM

Dont really need a tune for a small shot. I think me and rhd are running about the same set up. I run a 75 horsepower shot from zex. If you run cooler plugs, and a some gadjets like a window switch, then they are pretty harmless. Anything over 75 and I would definatly tune.

bossbunny 03-13-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff4946 (Post 2954501)
Dont really need a tune for a small shot. I think me and rhd are running about the same set up. I run a 75 horsepower shot from zex. If you run cooler plugs, and a some gadjets like a window switch, then they are pretty harmless. Anything over 75 and I would definatly tune.

Ooooh. Thanks for the info. :D

Do yall have headers?

jeff4946 03-13-2011 10:23 AM

Yessum... Headers, cai ,mrbp catback, throttle body spacer, and jet MAF sensor. I have the purge kit, but it isnt extremely important till your at the track and a large shot. It is nice in case I have to dump my charged line if I get pulled over.

bmorecam 03-13-2011 12:49 PM

Like badgebunny said anyone can firm up or control the tranny that is nothing new. What we need is the extra horses even with higher octane setup like a 93 tune. Even if you can get a solid 15-25 extra horses out of our engine just from tuning that will be a good news for us v6'ers. Why dont you post this on the v6 section so all of us can know what you guys are doing.