Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GM loses a sale to Ford thanks to dealership (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250904)

cybercoaster 09-18-2012 09:29 PM

GM loses a sale to Ford thanks to dealership

I was sitting in my ZL1 outside of a store today when a guy pulls up next to me in a new Rousch Mustang. He said he liked my taste in cars and I returned the complement. He said he wanted a ZL1 but went to a local dealership (that we were near) and they told him he couldn't order one and he would have to wait until they had on on the lot. They went on to tell him they were limited production and they couldn't get one from any other dealer. So he said it mad him so mad he just went and got the Mustang. He said several times how he wanted the ZL1. I told him I wish he could have checked at another dealer for one etc... But he said if that's how GM does business, he doesnt want any part of it. This is also the one of the dealerships that does the 5k over MSRP due to market adjustment.

Sad.

jkupa10 09-18-2012 09:34 PM

So he went to one bad dealership and decides to not get the car he wants because of them? This guy sounds like an idiot, probably the real reason he bought a Ford.

For every bad dealership there's one that's as good as these above MSRP dealerships are bad. You just have to take the time to go and find it.

Bad@ssCamaro 09-18-2012 09:34 PM

I don't think that he was that hot on getting one, If he was, he definitely would have checked other dealerships and done a little more homework. Maybe he should have brought his daddy with him. :laugh:

oldfriend 09-18-2012 09:34 PM

He was going to get the Rousch anyway , i don't buy the story that he told you , if someone [really ] wants something he will find the way to get it .

midnighter 09-18-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 5592397)
He was going to get the Rousch anyway , i don't buy the story that he told you , if someone [really ] wants something he will find the way to get it .

This ^

2010 SSRS 09-18-2012 09:39 PM

his loss

cybercoaster 09-18-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 5592397)

Thats what I thought too. I wouldnt give up on a car just because of one dealership. Maybe he just regretted it :cool:

Denis 09-18-2012 09:55 PM

That Rousch is a pretty nice car, im sure hes not to upset about it.

bannonm 09-18-2012 10:00 PM

Yeah bad choice to pick a Rousch over a ZL1. I bought my wife a Focus for work a few weeks ago and they had a Rousch on the floor. I thought it wasn't bad until I noticed the 275 wide tires all around. Really, on a SC car you put 275s?

Smokye 09-18-2012 10:04 PM

After my third shitty dealership experience I went to a Ford dealership with intent on buying a mustang. Lol after checking out the mustang i quickly realized how shitty they were. This decision is a no brainer but Honestly I don't blame the guy.

vfrider 09-18-2012 10:11 PM

There's no excuse for how some dealerships operate and I can completely understand being so soured from an experience at one to go buy a competing product. For some people "fast car" is enough, and he got exactly that. I used to work at a bike dealership and more than once, I saw someone ride in on a different manufacturer's bike, just to make a statement about how poorly they were treated by the sales staff. Without naming names, the dealership exclusively sold the most popular brand in America, bikes that already sell themselves from the image they have in the public's eye. You have to piss someone off bad to walk away from that brand name, and the salesmen did it repeatedly.

After buying my Camaro, I called the Subaru dealership I went to, to test an STi before looking at the Camaro, and spoke to the owner about his sales staff and why they cost him a sale. I went back to the first Chevy dealership I went to with the Camaro I bought from the third (yeah, I went to 3 dealerships before I found one I was willing to cut a check to and I still feel ripped off), to pick up my deposit reimbursement, after they hadn't even put the order in, after a month of waiting.

Salesmen are sadistic creatures who don't see people with a need they can fulfill, they just see dollar signs that happen to be ambulatory enough to want a car. If IRS hadn't been so important to me, I probably would've walked away from the Camaro too. Dealerships are also why I've started doing my own maintenance work. I think the whole notion of dealerships is flawed. I mean, would you ever expect to talk to a "dealer" and come out clean on the other side?

Xedes 09-18-2012 10:11 PM

I don't think the guy is stupid at all. It only takes one BS experience to sour people. He probably felt like I've got the money and you want to BS me around, fine, I'll spend my money with someone else.

Sounds to me that the stealership was just trying to force him into buying a car they had on the lot (like so many do).

Bonanza7 09-18-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkupa10 (Post 5592390)
So he went to one bad dealership and decides to not get the car he wants because of them? This guy sounds like an idiot, probably the real reason he bought a Ford.

For every bad dealership there's one that's as good as these above MSRP dealerships are bad. You just have to take the time to go and find it.

Some GM dealerships are so bad that they completely turn you off on the company. I would dispute the good one for every bad one. I would say a good one for every 5 bad ones. At least in Phoenix.

90503 09-18-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xedes (Post 5592566)
I don't think the guy is stupid at all. It only takes one BS experience to sour people. He probably felt like I've got the money and you want to BS me around, fine, I'll spend my money with someone else.

Sounds to me that the stealership was just trying to force him into buying a car they had on the lot (like so many do).

At least he doesn't have to deal with PhaseII of a bad car-buying experience...which is getting the hard-sell to fill out a favorable survey....lol...(Which seems to be the only thing dealerships are concerned with these days)...lol