Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Remote Tuning for FI (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308489)

elsololobo02 07-21-2013 05:57 PM

Remote Tuning for FI

Ladies and Gents,

I have a 2011 LLT with a Trifecta Tune that is turbocharged and recently had MACE cams installed. I was told by the business that sold me the cams and installed them that Trifecta would be able to tune my car. Well today I received a e-mail from WOT/Trifecta that they are unable to tune my car with MACE cams.

Anyone know of any other companies that would be able to remote tune with cams? I also contact IPF, they sent me an e-mail back saying thye wouldn't do it. Help... anyone!

Rob21sf 07-21-2013 05:59 PM

Who's the turbo manufactured by?

sycraft 07-21-2013 06:59 PM

Hate to say it, but you may be SOL. Limited tuning options for the LLT, who sold you the cams, perhaps you could return if not installed. Contact yellowglide on the forumn , he may be of some assistance.

KMPrenger 07-21-2013 07:17 PM

Contact Yellow_Glide and point him to this thread.

Yellow_Glide 07-21-2013 07:19 PM

Have you contacted the guys at IPF?

ZaBeast07 07-21-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsololobo02 (Post 6804377)
Ladies and Gents,

I have a 2011 LLT with a Trifecta Tune that is turbocharged and recently had MACE cams installed. I was told by the business that sold me the cams and installed them that Trifecta would be able to tune my car. Well today I received a e-mail from WOT/Trifecta that they are unable to tune my car with MACE cams.

Anyone know of any other companies that would be able to remote tune with cams? I also contact IPF, they sent me an e-mail back saying thye wouldn't do it. Help... anyone!

Someone sold you cams and a tune that isn't supported by that tuning suite??

Can't_C_Me 07-21-2013 08:30 PM

I spoke to Mace last year and they have stated in yellow glides thread before that a FI build will require a custom cam. The cams they have now aren't FI friendly. Whoever sold you them rapped you off xtreme ly. Because they had no knowledge on the cams and engine builds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

elsololobo02 07-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob21sf (Post 6804386)
Who's the turbo manufactured by?

Borg Warner 7670 EFR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide (Post 6804614)
Have you contacted the guys at IPF?

Yep, Got some e-mails that I don't think were meant for me but for a guy named Arno. Contacted their new sales guy via a phone call and he said yes they can tune it but didn't know if they can do it remotely. He told me to go direct with their head tuner so I then re-engaged with their US head tuner about two weeks ago and never heard anything back. Hopefully they can!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZaBeast07 (Post 6804687)
Someone sold you cams and a tune that isn't supported by that tuning suite??

The shop I purchased the cams from said they use Trifecta all the time and that they can tune it. They even told me they sent datalogs to Trifecta. I had to leave to drive back to my home state and the shop told me they would send the tune as soon as they got it from Trifecta. That was a month ago. I contacted the shop this past Thursday via e-mail and have heard nothing back. I'll definitely be calling them tomorrow.

sycraft 07-21-2013 08:45 PM

Arno is IPF's main tuner, he is based in Germany

butters 07-21-2013 08:50 PM

I thought cams had to be custom for FI builds? How do you like the EFR?

elsololobo02 07-21-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me (Post 6804834)
I spoke to Mace last year and they have stated in yellow glides thread before that a FI build will require a custom cam. The cams they have now aren't FI friendly. Whoever sold you them rapped you off xtreme ly. Because they had no knowledge on the cams and engine builds.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III

I hope this is not the case as I would hope a shop would know about the products they sell. If so I will be asking for a full refund and my stock cams back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycraft (Post 6804890)
Arno is IPF's main tuner, he is based in Germany

Ahh, well hopefully Arno will be able to help out!

Modern07 07-21-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elsololobo02 (Post 6804908)
I hope this is not the case as I would hope a shop would know about the products they sell. If so I will be asking for a full refund and my stock cams back.

Out of interest, who are the shop that sold the Cams to you?

blackTT600 07-21-2013 09:07 PM

wow dude good luck!

BaylorCamaro 07-21-2013 09:08 PM

WAIT, the shop that did the cam work didn't give the proper tune!? :faint: