Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Another Rx catch can question / concern (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326257)

1Camaro2SS 11-02-2013 03:56 PM

Another Rx catch can question / concern

2 Attachment(s)
I ordered this can last Fall and when I installed it the fitting that mounts to the can got loose after trying to attach the hose to it. I am guessing that this should be sealed air tight in order to work properly? The hose was so tight that the sealant cracked when i tried to connect the hose. Any suggestions if and how I should seal it back? Notice the spacing in the photo. Thanks

I just heard about Rx being banned on here for bad business practices. What is this about? When I bought this can, i thought I was getting the best on the market. Everyone was raving about Rx and what a great product they made. I even had to wait a month for this thing because he couldn't make them fast enough. What exactly happened?

S3XPanther 11-02-2013 04:16 PM

Pistons installed upside down for starters....

Edit: PTV was still good though :D

giant_g2 11-02-2013 06:23 PM

Their quality went way down after tons of people put in orders. They couldn't produce them quick enough. I waited for months and finally got a refund. 3.5 months total time. I have a Mike Norris now. Not sure what to tell you about fixing your can.

not 11-02-2013 06:45 PM

Just pretend it is installed and that all is well. It is called the placebo effect and will give you the same results.

ssmike 11-02-2013 06:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Unscrew it and replace with a brass 3/8" NPT fitting with an elbow. Any hardware store should have them. There is a check valve inside the RX fitting that gets messed up and creates noise. I replaced mine and it works just fine!

S3XPanther 11-02-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giant_g2 (Post 7151372)
Their quality went way down after tons of people put in orders. They couldn't produce them quick enough. I waited for months and finally got a refund. 3.5 months total time. I have a Mike Norris now. Not sure what to tell you about fixing your can.

It wasn't the quality of the cans that got him banned...:search:

1Camaro2SS 11-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S3XPanther (Post 7151135)
Pistons installed upside down for starters....

Edit: PTV was still good though :D

This has to be a joke. Didn't know this was possible. Lol

1Camaro2SS 11-02-2013 07:14 PM

SSMike, thanks for the photos. Looks like I just need some thread sealer. The can seems of good quality so far. No noises and it did trap little gunk last 3K miles.

1Camaro2SS 11-02-2013 10:08 PM

Wow! Just read the thread about Rx screwing up the engine build. I really thought that the upside down piston thing was a joke. I'm so glad i worked on my own engine. Time to get a new can. Not sure I want to display the Rx logo under the hood any longer.

Smirnoff 11-03-2013 07:18 AM

Elite for the WIN!

Son: thanks for doing just a "little-bit" of research, now make your purchase immediately, now, instantly, w/o hesitation.....before its too late. Any oil dripping on the ground yet? :frusty:

SSGUNNER 11-03-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giant_g2 (Post 7151372)

Im debating on switching to the elite. Im not too happy either with my RX.