Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   the bad thing about fest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356450)

Bo White 05-03-2014 11:46 PM

the bad thing about fest

As it being my first Camaro fest but not my first outing at a get together I'll say that at first most do not know who anyone is until for the most part after the event is over. There's gotta be a way to see who is who and who is there like a public sign in list or something. I know some of you had the advantage of either knowing members personally or coming down in a group or both but most it seemed did not. I had a great time but that was in part of my roommate Axis. I had more fun outside the event and that's funny in itself. Anyway I did have a good time and met a fair amount of people namely from Austin. The Austin group were great to hang with for sure. To close my post I recommend something like a sign in book either online or an actual physical book so it would be easier to know who's there and what not. Had a great time.

J-vette 05-04-2014 12:32 AM

I know it might be lame, but name tags?

LBreezie 05-04-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-vette (Post 7635043)

How about custom window stickers that go right underneath the registration ones. It wouldn't be noticeable only if you are looking for it

kbui 05-04-2014 07:04 AM

It was our pleasure to have met you and Axis. We had a great time at the Texas Road House didn't we? You 2 were a couple of riot starters :) Thanks for installing your ported throttle body on my car.

grocerygetter 05-04-2014 07:16 AM

Bo...I said it last time I did Fest at Indy...you gotta go with a good size group of folks you know for this thing to be fun...otherwise you gotta really go out and meet folks. I just kind of see it as how camarofest is. Axis is one of a kind. Hahaha! Good friend.

6bangerBOOM 05-04-2014 07:30 AM

I felt the same way at the awards ceremony. If they had been going by usernames I might have had a shot at recognizing some of the winners. It was a great experience, but that would have been something that really made it feel like a tighter community.

AngelSpeedFreak 05-04-2014 08:09 AM

Window stickers and name tags... I'm down.

RLHMARINES 05-04-2014 12:04 PM

I've only made to one Fest and that was the first one in Valdosta but I do remember them having a booth setup for registration signin at the track with stick on name tags that we put our username on for identification. Seems like it would be a good thing to revisit.

black. 05-04-2014 12:12 PM

window stickers and one of a kind shirts with the username on the front.

6bangerBOOM 05-04-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by black. (Post 7635741)
window stickers and one of a kind shirts with the username on the front.

Great idea, but it would be difficult to coordinate. Maybe if Camaro5 setup a template with a t-shirt website, and all we did was go select the template and add our username to it. We might even be able to do things like color match the shirt to our specific cars.

I can imagine my coworkers asking me "what's a 6bangerBOOM" when I wear it in to work afterwards.

AZCamaroFan 05-04-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-vette (Post 7635043)

that was suggested like 3 years ago and never happend. :iono:
makes sense

GbrilliantQ 05-04-2014 12:34 PM

We tried name tags on lanyards 2-3 years ago. No one used them. No one.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/05/u8yhuna9.jpg

From my Note3

12blkgrayRS 05-04-2014 01:14 PM

I had an HTown tag with my name on it as well as an orange vest with a name tag on it. I just walked up and spoke to everyone basically. I met people from all over.

BaylorCamaro 05-04-2014 01:54 PM

We (H-town Camaro Club) had custom shirts made with our name on it, which we all had on Friday. Something like that and a sticker on the car would be cool. I thought about getting some made up with my screen name. Just never got around to doing it.