Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Has anyone tried Meguiar's White Wax? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405979)

Muscle Car Memories 04-26-2015 06:40 PM

Has anyone tried Meguiar's White Wax?

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone tried this wax on their White Camaro?

I was thinking of trying it just to see if it was any good?

Muscle Car Lover 04-26-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 8385679)
Has anyone tried this wax on their White Camaro?

I was thinking of trying it just to see if it was any good?

Just reading about it looks lights out for light or white cars. Give it a shot!

JTruck 04-26-2015 06:43 PM

Colored waxes are just a marketing ploy.

ba2ss 04-26-2015 06:45 PM

I've tried the black wax by meguires, works really well and that small tube goes a long way. Pretty cheap too about $12 at walmart

Muscle Car Memories 04-26-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ba2ss (Post 8385688)
I've tried the black wax by meguires, works really well and that small tube goes a long way. Pretty cheap too about $12 at walmart

I just saw it on Amazon for $8.60 w/free shipping, I think I might give it a shot...

Muscle Car Memories 04-26-2015 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTruck (Post 8385684)
Colored waxes are just a marketing ploy.

How do you positively know this?

ba2ss 04-26-2015 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 8385692)
I just saw it on Amazon for $8.60 w/free shipping, I think I might give it a shot...

even better, I went over my car about 2.5 times with one tube. Post some pics when you're done and would like to hear how the white works

Muscle Car Memories 04-26-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ba2ss (Post 8385703)
even better, I went over my car about 2.5 times with one tube. Post some pics when you're done and would like to hear how the white works

Did you see a difference when you used it or would a wax like Collinite 845 give the same results?

Muscle Car Lover 04-26-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 8385712)
Did you see a difference when you used it or would a wax like Collinite 845 give the same results?

Hopeless bias at this point, but Collinite 845 is like my god at this point. Unreal product.

Muscle Car Memories 04-26-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover (Post 8385726)
Hopeless bias at this point, but Collinite 845 is like my god at this point. Unreal product.

I agree, 845 is the best ive ever used and cant beat the price. I may try this white wax and then top it with 845....

Joe M 2012 2SS 04-26-2015 07:16 PM

I used it on my F150 4x4 that I had before I bought my Camaro. It had white paint. It cleans the paint pretty good, not like clay, and the gloss was good IMO.

Application was easy on, easy off. I never corrected the paint on the truck because I used it for a truck. It has fillers in it and will hide defects. It will stain trim.

The truck was an un-garaged daily driver. I got 2-3 months durability out of it.

Collinite will provide you with much longer protection, and gloss is similar.

I agree that "colored" waxes are more of a marketing ploy, it's basically a cleaner wax, and for the average consumer who doesn't clay/polish their car, the fillers/cleaners in it will give the temporary added gloss, as would any other type of cleaner wax.

Homer2 04-26-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS (Post 8385751)
I used it on my F150 4x4 that I had before I bought my Camaro. It had white paint. It cleans the paint pretty good, not like clay, and the gloss was good IMO.

Application was easy on, easy off. I never corrected the paint on the truck because I used it for a truck. It has fillers in it and will hide defects. It will stain trim.

The truck was an un-garaged daily driver. I got 2-3 months durability out of it.

Collonite will provide you with much longer protection, and gloss is similar.

I agree that "colored" waxes are more of a marketing ploy, it's basically a cleaner wax, and for the average consumer who doesn't clay/polish their car, the fillers/cleaners in it will give the added gloss, as would any other type of cleaner wax.

Damn - I was about to type the same thing (except I used it on my Camaro last year) and had the same results. Cleaned the surface some, lasted at least a month based on beading... easy on, microfiber cloth wiping off.

Ide use it again if I ever waxed this thing again.. God I love white :)

JTruck 04-26-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories (Post 8385696)
How do you positively know this?

Think about the application... First off, when you are working on a car's look you are working on the clear coat 100% of the time, not the color under the clear coat. The clear coat will always be there and whatever you put on top of it will enhance the clear, which in turn enhances the clarity of the true color beneath. Most of these colored waxes have fillers (glaze) that make the colors really pop because of the reduced dullness.

This is from Mike Phillips himself.

Joe M 2012 2SS 04-26-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTruck (Post 8385766)
Think about the application... First off, when you are working on a car's look you are working on the clear coat 100% of the time, not the color under the clear coat. The clear coat will always be there and whatever you put on top of it will enhance the clear, which in turn enhances the clarity of the true color beneath. Most of these colored waxes have fillers (glaze) that make the colors really pop because of the reduced dullness.

This is from Mike Phillips himself.

Best explanation of a cleaner wax or a glaze I've heard.