Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   New to camaros (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527662)

Trike rider 04-30-2018 07:34 PM

New to camaros

Well hello everyone I Have my first Camaro I have heard I made a bad choice in the 1Le for the drag strip. I entered a roll race event and got spanked by a stock ss and in the finals lost to an Lexus f1. I couldn’t get my mph above 109. I guess my question is one, what are these things supposed to run and two if I do long tube headers and a cai do I have to have a tune. I just want to give it a little more for the next event. Then I will focus hard on traction.

2014white2ssrs1le 04-30-2018 09:41 PM

That sounds about right...and yes, these cars are for the twisties. You dont "have" to get a tune, but you will be leaving good amounts of power on the table and will have a check engine light on without a tune from the O2s.

Juiced1 04-30-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014white2ssrs1le (Post 10168590)
That sounds about right...and yes, these cars are for the twisties. You dont "have" to get a tune, but you will be leaving good amounts of power on the table and will have a check engine light on without a tune from the O2s.

+1. That about sums it up. The 1LE is a track killer but they also have better gearing then the SS for the drag strip. Grab a set of long tubes and an intake. Both a great bolt on mods for some easy power. We highly recommend a custom tune. You'll run rich and probably get a cel if you don't. It won't hurt anything though

Venomcustom 05-01-2018 07:24 AM

If straight line speed is your thing then the 1le is not a great option. Unfortunately either is the regular SS. The 1le was built for the track and is amazing for it's size and weight.
I knew going into this that my 1le was not going to be a terror in a straight line but damn is it fun to drive. My brother has a built 2017 a10 ZL1 and a new hellcat wide body. The cat is badass while the ZL1 is insane!! That being said I have no problem getting out of his cars and jumping back into mine!!
I love everything about the 1le. I even like the interior. Lol. I think it looks more old school and for me the lack of all the gadgets is even better. The car just feels right. It's veey analog and visceral. Exactly what I wanted. Now I just want 200 more hp!! Lol

sherob 05-01-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomcustom (Post 10168837)
If straight line speed is your thing then the 1le is not a great option. Unfortunately either is the regular SS. The 1le was built for the track and is amazing for it's size and weight.
I knew going into this that my 1le was not going to be a terror in a straight line but damn is it fun to drive. My brother has a built 2017 a10 ZL1 and a new hellcat wide body. The cat is badass while the ZL1 is insane!! That being said I have no problem getting out of his cars and jumping back into mine!!
I love everything about the 1le. I even like the interior. Lol. I think it looks more old school and for me the lack of all the gadgets is even better. The car just feels right. It's veey analog and visceral. Exactly what I wanted. Now I just want 200 more hp!! Lol

THIS! :cool:

Billy10mm 05-01-2018 08:26 AM

The 1LE does NOT have better gears for the strip. The extra gearing provided by the 3.91 rear gear is offset by the track-oriented gearing in the gearbox. On the same tires, a regular SS is about 1 or 2 tenths faster in a straight line than a 1LE.

Scott@Bjorn3D 05-07-2018 06:44 AM

Yeah I actually can say my car is a crazy hybird. It is a 2013 2SS with 1LE full suspension and 1LE rear end. With the 2SS 6 speed gearing mine is pretty good on the strip and the track.

Best of both worlds.