CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   A10, Stock Tires, elsd settings for the street? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537612)

IneedAZ 08-31-2018 09:46 AM

A10, Stock Tires, elsd settings for the street?

Just curious if anybody has played with different elsd settings for the street and what you found to work the best balancing power and traction

collinms 08-31-2018 01:13 PM

I get wheel hop when I run comp mode so I stick with track sport 1. Never wheel hops but does limit power sometimes. Comp mode might work for you,but my rear tires are about 40% left and now i get wheel hop.

Badmojo 08-31-2018 04:49 PM

I've never had wheel hop in my 2018 ZL1.

Aliveguy5 08-31-2018 04:53 PM

No Wheel hop here either.

Markoz28 08-31-2018 05:18 PM

If your getting wheel hop, check your tire pressure before anything else. Sometimes if they are over inflated they can bounce from being too hard.

collinms 08-31-2018 09:20 PM

I think it's my tires. They are in the way out in assuming because I didn't use to get wheel hop. It's not as bad as I had on my c6 but it's still not good. I'm running sport mode suspension setting. Maybe I'll try a different setting and mess with tire pressure.

Torquem 08-31-2018 09:20 PM

Mine has never hopped.

Can'tHave2MuchHP 08-31-2018 09:26 PM

I've never had wheel hop.

I run the car in Sport mode pretty much 99% of the time. I figure if I'm really leaving anything on the table, who cares, you can already be in federal jail speeds after 2 gears anyways. If I was really trying to get everything I could out, sounds like the competition mode is the way to go. If going to the strip, I like Stephen's advice:

"Turn all nannies off and don't use PTM or launch control. Hold down the traction control button for 5-7 seconds until both stabilitrak and TC lights illuminate. Do a standard burnout and brake torque to 1100 rpm and go. The torque management is terrible in 1st and 2nd gear so the best 60' you will manage should be 1.69-1.74. Leave the gear selector in "D" and don't use the paddles. On the settings screen, default the exhaust to Track and suspension to "tour". Place the console button in sport to utilize the performance shift mode. Have fun!"

IneedAZ 09-01-2018 05:24 AM

But what % elsd setting to use is what I am looking for? In general, does lowering the % number lessen the management?

Pollock 09-01-2018 06:23 AM

My 1SS 1LE had wheel hop until I got it aligned. It came from the factory with the toe outta spec.

17CamaroZL1 09-01-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 10299580)
But what % elsd setting to use is what I am looking for? In general, does lowering the % number lessen the management?

Are you talking about wheel slip percent in launch control? There is an ELSD screen to watch the wheel slip %, but I'm not aware of any ELSD settings, other than the presets built into the different PTM modes

CW3SF 08-11-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 (Post 10299797)
Are you talking about wheel slip percent in launch control? There is an ELSD screen to watch the wheel slip %, but I'm not aware of any ELSD settings, other than the presets built into the different PTM modes

Resurrecting an old thread here as I am not sure if the answer was clarified. When I flip to the eLSD screen mine always says 30%. Is that a defined percentage or is it adjustable? Does it vary by mode if I switch to Race in the PTM?

Vigilante375 08-11-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CW3SF (Post 11053333)
Resurrecting an old thread here as I am not sure if the answer was clarified. When I flip to the eLSD screen mine always says 30%. Is that a defined percentage or is it adjustable? Does it vary by mode if I switch to Race in the PTM?

It should just show the user how much adjustment the eLSD is making to compensate for wheel spin.

Just cruising down it might should a percentage or 2, at times but should remain at 0%. I do not believe there is anyway, in stock form, to change those settings. Other than to change the slip target for launch control.

If you're getting on the throttle, 50% or more per say, then you should see that number jump up.

Hopefully someone else can explain in better detail.

radz28 08-12-2021 08:00 AM

Without sounding like I'm arguing semantics, like has already been said, I don't know that one would say there are changeable settings, but there are several modes the e'diff changes slip targets for. Those aren't things you can independently change, though.