Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Black Rims thoughts :noidea: (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553838)

dporter6 05-05-2019 10:04 PM

Black Rims thoughts :noidea:

Hey Guys, I was just wondering if I'm the only person who think certain color camaros look better without black rims. My last two camaros were black on black and I really liked how they look, but they was a pain in the ass to keep them looking good. Also i could always see scratches and paint chips when the sun was shinning on them and would be dirty 30 minutes after washing them. Im not knocking black rims because they do look very good on all black cars and white cars IMO, but I think I'm starting to grow out of it.Im really digging like the dark silver wheels on the bright color camaros, they really look clean and still aggressive. Just wondering if anybody else experienced the black wheel thing also.

Mr V 05-05-2019 11:08 PM

I was debating going chrome as I am an old fart and like chrome. I am leaning now toward black chrome if I do get new wheels. Black rims are a bastard to keep clean. I am going to go with hawk pads when I need new one to cut down on brake dust.

Welker2 05-05-2019 11:08 PM

I think it all depends on the color and overall styling of a vehicle as to which color, type and style of wheel looks/works best. Black enhances and look great on some vehicles and look ugly on others. For example, I think the black wheels look great on my Camaro; but I think they would look like crap on my Corvette due to its color and over all styling. :happy0180:

gunchamp 05-06-2019 05:42 AM

I struggled with this for a few months and ended up going with black on my black SS. I really like chrome wheels and still may end up going that route if the wheels I bought dont do it for me.

Hulk 05-06-2019 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I to am an old guy that still likes chrome.
Attachment 986026

Quicksilver2SS 05-06-2019 06:54 AM

Chrome rims with black wheels look best to me:thumbsup:

jokrz187 05-06-2019 07:32 AM

I think that if you paint the calipers, then the black rims have contrast in the background and it looks better. I have a yellow car and painted the calipers to paint match the car and just put on black rims. Looks very good IMO.

TooCool5 05-06-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 10510998)
Attachment 986026

:thumb:

wasthatacop? 05-06-2019 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jokrz187 (Post 10511023)
I think that if you paint the calipers, then the black rims have contrast in the background and it looks better. I have a yellow car and painted the calipers to paint match the car and just put on black rims. Looks very good IMO.

Yes, I agree. I love my black rims with yellow caliper. But I love chrome too.

myold88 05-06-2019 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk (Post 10510998)
Attachment 986026

I'm with you. One of the first things I did was order a set of factory chrome wheels
for my SS when new. Also billet door handles, Dusk edition bezels. A little bling is
definitely an age thing.

Benman 05-06-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myold88 (Post 10511101)
I'm with you. One of the first things I did was order a set of factory chrome wheels
for my SS when new. Also billet door handles, Dusk edition bezels. A little bling is
definitely an age thing.

+1 on the bling. The trend to black everything out is bland IMHO.

SSEssence 05-06-2019 11:08 AM

I had black wheels before but they always looked dirty even when they were clean. Also I feel like the majority of Camaros out there have black wheels and wanted to be different so I went bronze and I love it.

joshnmn 05-06-2019 03:23 PM

+1

waaaayy too many black on black cars out there right now. I mean, c'mon- try a little.

I love your bronze wheels. They look perfect. I have a black and yellow interior that would clash or I would have bronze or gold, but my wheels are polished aluminum (for now).

0stones0 05-06-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokrz187 (Post 10511023)

Roger that.
Black on yellow has always been a great color combo, imho, as well. My brembos are red and contrast with the wheels nicely.