Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Torque Management Tune (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60449)

ftshark 01-12-2010 02:41 PM

Torque Management Tune

I was wondering if it is possible to reduce the TM in only sport & manual modes and leave D as is.

Also, since sport mode already has different shift points I assume these can be changed without effecting D mode. Correct me if I'm wrong.

rodimus prime 01-12-2010 02:44 PM

TM applies across the board.

Shift points and rpm are per driving mode.

ftshark 01-12-2010 03:15 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hopeing to be able to keep D mode nice and smooth for my daily driving and have the other modes tweaked for when I want have some fun.

Will a 40% reduction in TM be too herky jerky for daily driving?

Mr_Draco 01-12-2010 03:21 PM

Kirk at Vector Motorsports has stated before that they have the capability of adjusting just the TM in S and M modes. As a matter of fact when you order a tune form them you get two different TCM files, 1 has the TM the same across all modes and the other has less TM in S and M modes.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=52692&page=2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk@VectorMotorsports (Post 1214861)
We include 4 different files for the L99's each is specific for your CAI and modifications.

There are 2 for the ECM (AFM On & Off) and 2 for the TCM (Stage 1 and Stage 2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk@VectorMotorsports (Post 1216827)
Stage 1 includes 50% torque management in all shift modes along with our normal performance shift program that matches the engine calibration.

Stage 2 includes 50% torque management in Normal mode combined with 25% in Sport/Manual modes along with our normal performance shift pattern.

We have both of these programs in the field in over 450 G8's with excellent results.

rodimus prime 01-12-2010 04:07 PM

Id like to know how they are doing that. Maybe efi live.

kelley@vectormotorsports 01-13-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimus prime (Post 1373820)
Id like to know how they are doing that. Maybe efi live.

We use our own proprietary editing software. The ECM & TCM reader and writer software is based on LS2 edit.

We have been able to adjust the torque management settings by gear for quite some time. Every one of our 475 G8 tunes have this performed in the TCM.

Our base Stage 1 Transmission calibration has the shift points raised, TCC lock-up adjusted, shift times tightened and 50% torque management removed in all shift modes.

Our Stage 2 has all of the above, but with tighter shift times and 40% torque management in Drive and 25% in Sport and Manual.

We can adjust any of these to what you like.

These are excellent transmissions. One of our first G8 customers has been driving with 0% torque management since his car was new. He now has over 70,000 very hard miles on it with no issues. I do not suggest 0% torque management, I just use him as an example of what a good transmission this is.

Of the over 900 A6 G8's, Corvettes, Camaros and GM Trucks that have our TCM calibrations we have yet to see a issue (or warranty claim). Transmission temperatures are generally lower with our calibrations.

ftshark 01-13-2010 09:06 AM

Kirk,

I read the thread provided by Mr_Darco and am now very interested. I have stock now and will be modifying slowly (CAI, Exaust, Headers) in the future. I assume this tune will turn off AFM as well.

Send me a PM on the price.

kelley@vectormotorsports 01-13-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftshark (Post 1376265)
Kirk,

I read the thread provided by Mr_Darco and am now very interested. I have stock now and will be modifying slowly (CAI, Exaust, Headers) in the future. I assume this tune will turn off AFM as well.

Send me a PM on the price.

Turning off the AFM is not a problem. With our PowerFlash system tune updates are always free.

rodimus prime 01-13-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk@VectorMotorsports (Post 1376163)
We use our own proprietary editing software. The ECM & TCM reader and writer software is based on LS2 edit.

We have been able to adjust the torque management settings by gear for quite some time. Every one of our 475 G8 tunes have this performed in the TCM.

Our base Stage 1 Transmission calibration has the shift points raised, TCC lock-up adjusted, shift times tightened and 50% torque management removed in all shift modes.

Our Stage 2 has all of the above, but with tighter shift times and 40% torque management in Drive and 25% in Sport and Manual.

We can adjust any of these to what you like.

These are excellent transmissions. One of our first G8 customers has been driving with 0% torque management since his car was new. He now has over 70,000 very hard miles on it with no issues. I do not suggest 0% torque management, I just use him as an example of what a good transmission this is.

Of the over 900 A6 G8's, Corvettes, Camaros and GM Trucks that have our TCM calibrations we have yet to see a issue (or warranty claim). Transmission temperatures are generally lower with our calibrations.

Well you guys seem to know what your talking about. Let me ask you a few questions if you dont mind.

Im using hp tuners so I dont know how comparable the two systems are, but for Max Adapt Vol they have
Max 1-2 200.00
Max 2-3 40.00
Max 3-4 200.00
ect ect.

Do you know why Max 2-3 is at 40 instead of 200 like everything else?

And you said you have 0 TM on the one g8 car. I assume he has Power Downshift disabled. I had this disabled on my car for a few weeks and the WOT downshifts really felt like the car was going to rip the trans out. Just wondering how much confidence you have in the 6l80e and if his car hit that hard on downshifts.

Thanks for any insight.

mlee 01-13-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodimus prime (Post 1373405)
TM applies across the board.

Shift points and rpm are per driving mode.

:bs: TM can definitely be done in M (sport) mode only. It will affect D with some bleed over, but the end result is basically what you are looking for.

J/k R/P... I couldn't resist the flag...

rodimus prime 01-13-2010 10:00 AM

NOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.moviecatcher.net/images/s...al-recall1.jpg