Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   G-Max tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619487)

Lou gill 09-07-2023 04:57 PM

G-Max tires

Let’s say someone rotated their tires side to side and just learned the rotation direction is backward, what does that do to the tire and car?

1JEWLDSSRS 09-07-2023 05:09 PM

It'll drive kinda of crappy, as the directional tread groves won't work like they are deigned to do, especially on a wet rainy road. Also on a dry road you will loose some traction because of the incorrect direction. Won't hurt the car, but the ride safety will be affected.

Bigtime53 09-08-2023 12:04 PM

I do not know if it is correct or not but I have been told after some miles of the tires going the wrong direction than what the tire is supposed to the steel belts in the tire will come loose in the tire itself and ruin it. As far as the amount of miles it takes to do that I do not know. If it was mine I would get them all going in the right direction soon. Like pretty quick!

Mr_Draco 09-08-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigtime53 (Post 11356858)
I do not know if it is correct or not but I have been told after some miles of the tires going the wrong direction than what the tire is supposed to the steel belts in the tire will come loose in the tire itself and ruin it. As far as the amount of miles it takes to do that I do not know. If it was mine I would get them all going in the right direction soon. Like pretty quick!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The steel belt doesn't care what direction the tire tread are turning...

102SS 09-09-2023 05:52 AM

My first guess might be excessive tread wear plus the grip issues mentioned above

silversleeper 09-09-2023 06:55 AM

Maybe some hydroplaning if you are going too fast anyway in water.
Slight extra noise. I've had them mis mounted and the sky didn't fall. I wouldn't worry about it until next rotation. Unless you're the type that haulsass in heavy rains.

bsn 09-09-2023 07:10 AM

If your talking about the tires on your Zl1 you shouldn't rotate them if they have directional tires. Probably not the end of the world, but I imagine handling will suffer. If a tire shop did it, even if you asked them to they should have caught it and refused. its such an easy fix I would correct it to avoid any problems. If a tire shop did it they should be willing to do it no charge since they are the "experts" and should have caught it.

Bigtime53 09-09-2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 11356867)
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

The steel belt doesn't care what direction the tire tread are turning...

Well you were so quick to correct me and since you seem to be an expert on tires why did you not answer the OP's question?