CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   2023 Recaro Seats (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621466)

B84GTX 12-01-2023 01:04 PM

2023 Recaro Seats

Question:

Does the Recaro Have Lumber support? I really need this.
Also - are the recaros more comfortable than the regular seats they provide?

I am looking more for comfort as a daily driver.
Any advice is appreciated.

scott_0 12-01-2023 01:18 PM

it's my opinion that Recaros are not a good daily driver seat, I love how they feel, but the large bolsters make getting in and out tougher, which is also tougher on the seats themselves...

WhiteMale 12-01-2023 01:21 PM

No lumbar and as my DD I think that they're great.

sklippi2018 12-01-2023 01:30 PM

Would lumbar support kick the Recaros up a notch? Yes. However, as my daily i have no issue and love them.

Coded4SS 12-01-2023 01:35 PM

These are the best seats Ive sat in out of any of my cars. Absolutely love them. No Lumbar. At first I thought it could use some, but now I dont even notice it.

m6-lt1 12-01-2023 01:42 PM

There is no point in asking this question (except for the lumbar question). It’s up to YOU to decide if they are comfortable or not. Some people hate them, some love them. I love them but I have a smaller build. If you have a larger build you might not like them. You have to go sit in them to truly find out if they work for YOU.

On a side note, I was cross shopping SS 1le’s and 19+ GT350’s. It was nearly impossible trying to find a 19+ GT350 with Recaros. Seems like the majority of people dislike them. I have heard the Mustang Recaros are a little more bolstered. I find that a plus. One thing you’ll get with a Camaro is heated and ventilated Recaros (if you get a 2ss 1le or zl1 or a 2ss with optioned recaros) you can’t get that in the mustang because Ford doesn’t think people dropping 60k+ on a mustang want them.

Deacon Blues 12-01-2023 02:06 PM

Tried both when shopping around, preferred the regular cloth seats to the Recaros. I don't track the car, and the regular seats were (as above mentioned) pretty dang comfortable, moreso than the Recaros IMHO.

As others have said, best way to decide is to actually sit in both and compare if at all possible.

Justcruising 12-01-2023 02:06 PM

Recaro seats

I’m a large guy, I have them in my 2SS and I love them

RideWithDanger 12-01-2023 02:22 PM

The seats being comfortable is entirely subjective to you, especially when compared to other seats, but there is no lumbar support. I actually have some bad back problems but don't find the seats uncomfortable at all. I prefer the Recaro seats over the non Recaros I had in my other Camaro and as a daily driver they have been great.

The only downside is that the big bolsters make me feel like I have to be more conscious of getting in and out so I don't damage them.

Standard 12-01-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_0 (Post 11384611)
it's my opinion that Recaros are not a good daily driver seat, I love how they feel, but the large bolsters make getting in and out tougher, which is also tougher on the seats themselves...

Ditto - you got any suggestions on protecting them, at least from the friction of twisting to get in and out? Besides 'sell the car to a lighter, shorter, more acrobatic person'.

What seems to make it impossible (even if I were 'half the man I am today') is getting a foot into the steering box yet leg being blocked by the wheel, and the (otherwise excellent) knee pad on the right stopping you from getting leg around the wheel during entry.

Maybe if they'd mounted a sort of 's**t'-handle in the middle of the ceiling. . .

CalgaryZL1 12-01-2023 02:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rostra sells a kit, I have read a few installation treads. I am considering it because all my other vehicles have lumbar support and it’s good to have

Plasar 12-01-2023 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No lumbar support, they need more, so I got these:

Lumbar pillow for ZL1 Recaro seats

CalgaryZL1 12-01-2023 03:19 PM

If anyone is interested

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587273

tenargo57 12-01-2023 03:29 PM

I'm not a fan of them, but I also don't have much seat time in the regular 2SS seats for comparison. Any more than an hour of seat time and my lower back starts to get uncomfortable. This is the 4th car I've owned with Recaro seats and these are the least comfortable to me. Even the ones in my Focus ST (the full leather ones) are a lot more comfortable to me.