Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How to read a dyno graph (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622470)

Grave_bait_ss 01-21-2024 07:41 AM

How to read a dyno graph

Hey all. I have a dyno sheet and i’m not sure how to accurately read it……. Any help would be appreciated. (I’m assuming i would take the median hp and median torque and that's what my rwh would be?).

I’m getting basically singled out…. Person can’t show the dyno papers, just goes by what the shop read tfrom the paper. (I don’t know snyone who doesn’t het nor doesn’t want the papers) claims to have 470rw on an l99 auto and does 11’s (not saying it can’t. Has all kinds of mods so i was thinking it should have more than that in hp running 11s in a 1/4)

I would like to be clear on my results so I’m not just talking $#it like others. “Facts” are facts. I know no dyno is 100% end of story of hp). I have a 2011 6.2 ls3, small cam (not sure what else the dealership took it on a trade) borla attack exhaust (flow through cats), it had 4.10s then, now has a stock diff, runs 12.5” rear tires. Stock tune and 87 regular pump fuel (this was a test fun before i get a tune and use premium gas)

Thanks in advance.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=171553

1JEWLDSSRS 01-21-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grave_bait_ss (Post 11397650)
Hey all. I have a dyno sheet and i’m not sure how to accurately read it……. Any help would be appreciated. (I’m assuming i would take the median hp and median torque and that's what my rwh would be?).

I’m getting basically singled out…. Person can’t show the dyno papers, just goes by what the shop read tfrom the paper. (I don’t know snyone who doesn’t het nor doesn’t want the papers) claims to have 470rw on an l99 auto and does 11’s (not saying it can’t. Has all kinds of mods so i was thinking it should have more than that in hp running 11s in a 1/4)

I would like to be clear on my results so I’m not just talking $#it like others. “Facts” are facts. I know no dyno is 100% end of story of hp). I have a 2011 6.2 ls3, small cam (not sure what else the dealership took it on a trade) borla attack exhaust (flow through cats), it had 4.10s then, now has a stock diff, runs 12.5” rear tires. Stock tune and 87 regular pump fuel (this was a test fun before i get a tune and use premium gas)

Thanks in advance.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/pictu...ctureid=171553

Just so you know, 87 fuel is NEVER supposed to be run in the V8's unless it is an emergency and it is all you can get at the time. Your owners manual, if you have one states to ALWAYS use premium fuel, 91 oct of above, as engine damage is possible.

Grave_bait_ss 01-21-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11397706)
Just so you know, 87 fuel is NEVER supposed to be run in the V8's unless it is an emergency and it is all you can get at the time. Your owners manual, if you have one states to ALWAYS use premium fuel, 91 oct of above, as engine damage is possible.

No manual. I live out in the county. You’re lucky to get 91 out here and usually its sold out. I typically travel to get the better gas, but sometimes i can’t exactly do that. Which was this day. I got better gas on the way back home. Dyno is an hour away.

1JEWLDSSRS 01-22-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grave_bait_ss (Post 11397811)
No manual. I live out in the county. You’re lucky to get 91 out here and usually its sold out. I typically travel to get the better gas, but sometimes i can’t exactly do that. Which was this day. I got better gas on the way back home. Dyno is an hour away.

Cool. Just be careful using 87, it could cause detonation in the engine, and cause some damage. These V8's are designed to run on premium fuel. If you do have to run the 87, use some good quality octane booster, and don't push the car. Good luck. :thumbup:

gtstorey 01-22-2024 10:19 AM

I really don't understand the original question.

Grave_bait_ss 01-22-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtstorey (Post 11397959)
I really don't understand the original question.

The original question was what are the dyno results I would say to someone if they asked. Would i go with the highest numbers or would i pick the median numbers. I got the answer :)

Grave_bait_ss 01-22-2024 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS (Post 11397953)
Cool. Just be careful using 87, it could cause detonation in the engine, and cause some damage. These V8's are designed to run on premium fuel. If you do have to run the 87, use some good quality octane booster, and don't push the car. Good luck. :thumbup:

Thank you for your help :)

1JEWLDSSRS 01-25-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grave_bait_ss (Post 11398067)
Thank you for your help :)

You're welcome. Just don't want to see you mess anything up due to bad fuel. It happens. Good luck. :thumbup: