Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   eBay Maximizer Exaust So Quiet????? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625245)

Saffir3 04-30-2024 11:31 AM

eBay Maximizer Exaust So Quiet?????

2 Attachment(s)
I was looking for a cheep straight pipe exaust on ebay and I found one called a maximizer exaust. I also was looking at a corsa cat back and I realized they looked the same. I just said screw it now bad can it bee for $216. After installing it and I expected it to be like the gates of hell opening, but I was shurely disappointed. It was less quiet than my closed valves factory NPP exaust, mabie I am just deaf after running open headers for 2 weeks straight as a daily. it sounds great couse of the x pipe but its just quiet, its like I put factory ss mufflers on. Anyone else have this same problem. Im going to post pictures so yall can see the diffrences. What exaust should i go with at this point, what im thinking is just go full straight pipe. I hear some people say they sound like shit straight piped. Corsa sounds great but burning $2300 dosent sound great. I genuinely do not onow what to do now :bonk: id appreciate the help!!!

DirtyDirt 04-30-2024 02:14 PM

i had Borla ATAk on my 10 2SS and loved it. Soon as spring rolled around I went with the same on my ZL1. Good growl when you start it, or rev it. No drone at all even at highway speeds

DirtyDirt 04-30-2024 02:18 PM

On a side note... How do I fix my avatar?

Mr_Draco 04-30-2024 02:22 PM

What kind of headers are you running; factory, long tubes, short tubes? If you're still running factory that could be why. The factory headers are very restrictive and will quite down most exhaust. A set of long tubes will make it noticeably louder.

1JEWLDSSRS 04-30-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 11422149)
What kind of headers are you running; factory, long tubes, short tubes? If you're still running factory that could be why. The factory headers are very restrictive and will quite down most exhaust. A set of long tubes will make it noticeably louder.

^^^ This, get a set of LT's if you don't already have a set. They will change EVERYTHING sound wise!!! I went through about 8-9 different setups on my Camaro, then decided to buy the Corsa 3 inch ZL1 Sport catback,,,, should have just done that in the very beginning!! Wasted a LOT of money... :facepalm:

pyroguy 04-30-2024 08:14 PM

Personally I'm a fan of Solo Performance exhaust. I've had mine on for 9 years and couldn't be happier. Other than long tube headers, the only other modification I made was Noweeds diverters for when I want to be obnoxiously loud. Solo is great because it isn't crazy expensive, made in America, has a great classic muscle car sound, and is drone free.

RupertPupkin 04-30-2024 11:24 PM

Send those back. Do muffler mod on your npp mufflers.

That's what I did.

Saffir3 04-30-2024 11:41 PM

I just decided out of spite to unbolt the mufflers and leave them hanging to see what the car would sound straight piped and it sounds wicked, I might just take the mufflers off and get some axle back muffler deletes and bolt them bad boys on, because this sounds crazy.... heres video proof!!!!!

https://youtu.be/SRDM25BkKfM?si=4uVcQ1ox5j9Lt3Tt

CamaroDreams76 05-01-2024 05:02 AM

Stock NPP with headers is the best 5th gen setup.

tartagliazl1 05-01-2024 05:14 AM

im with dreams76 stock NPP with a x pipe, LT, and a cam. It shakes the walls in my house.

myold88 05-01-2024 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroguy (Post 11422205)
Personally I'm a fan of Solo Performance exhaust. I've had mine on for 9 years and couldn't be happier. Other than long tube headers, the only other modification I made was Noweeds diverters for when I want to be obnoxiously loud. Solo is great because it isn't crazy expensive, made in America, has a great classic muscle car sound, and is drone free.

Same here. I've had the Solo J'Pipes on my 10 SS L99 for 14 years now.
They are a muffler delete exhaust with absolutely no drone at any RPM
and great muscle car sound.

TheBrightSide 05-08-2024 04:39 AM

It might just be that mufflers of that size, might be too quiet for you. I have a Borla Touring catback, and Speed Engineering 1-7/8 headers (with off-road connection pipes). The 2.5" catback, with a non-resonated x-pipe, is loud enough for my taste. Anything smaller for rear mufflers, and I might be considering glasspacks or resonators to be put in the mid pipes.

I'm currently about to get a second x-pipe welded into my mid pipes. I don't think it will change the sound or volume too much; but supposedly, it makes the tone a little deeper, and the volume might get a tiny bit quieter (somehow).

You said you have eBay long tubes, which are usually closer to having 1-3/4" primaries. It's not a huge difference IMO, whereas 2" long tubes would be louder than the typical 1-7/8" long tube piping size. I personally wish I had gotten 2" long tubes, but the fitment and potential "modifications" needed (lots of hammering), kinda put me off from getting them...

Also, you might be interested in customizing your exhaust, in a fashion similar to the Mach Solo catback design; which has an x-pipe mid muffler, to straight pipes. It's probably along the same setup, as having a non-resonated x-pipe in your mid pipes, and running decent fiberglass-packed rear mufflers/axleback. I'm still surprised that the 3" catback is actually too quiet for your taste... Usually, they drone a lot more than 2.5", and are somewhat hard to tame.

acammer 05-08-2024 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you like your exhaust violent, you might love a set of H.A.R.M race mufflers under the car. Great source of weight reduction as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHitOE7oeRo