View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #38
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
way too tight!

I love my ZL1, but if I could afford both, or was getting another car right now.. I'd maybe get the new '18 GT with the A10 and Whipple it. They are throwing down crazy numbers.

Everyone gets so upset as soon as someone says anything not 100% pro camaro
Unreal numbers. Plain Jane 18 GT with tune, tire, and e85 alone beat an M6 ZL1 (11.3 ish). That hurts my feelings a little. Make me wonder if going down to an SS just to mod the heck out of it would be a better choice than my M6 now. Grrrr...if GM would just fix this BOGGING

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
If there is a $15k markup, it has to be a little unnerving to Ford that the dealer would make more money than the manufacturer. I don't get Ford: Raptor: fail, Aluminum bed: fail, problems with the 'stang and no manufacturer backup: fail, GT: fail (essentially as there are far better vehicles for that price).

It would be great if the GT500 is released with power, steering, traction, comfort, braking, durability, etc. to compete with the HC, ZL1, 1LE, etc., but at what cost? If the out-the-door price is 30-35% more than those models, it is no longer really competing with them.
It begs the question how they continually sell so well doesn't it? With social media these days, no company that offers even the perception of bad value can remain in business for too long - and yet these things still fly off the shelves. I can't figure it out.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote