Thread: Launch Control
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #12
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by staripley View Post
On my car RPM seems to hover at 5000 while doing launch control. I have seen it posted here and other sites listed anywhere from 3500 - 4500. My settings are OEM so wondering if RPMs of 5000 is correct.
If your car is revving to 5k that is just the soft limiter in neutral, not launch control. LC holds the revs at 3500. You can get to it by either being in sport mode and pressing the traction button twice to engage competitive driving mode, or be in track mode and do the same thing, then switch to sport 1, 2 or race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndean22 View Post
Launch control not that good with street/oem tires. With radials it would be better. Better to self launch around 2k with street/oem tires.
Launch control works pretty well on the street with the stock 1LE goodyears, not as well at a drag strip because it tends to wheel hop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
If you put it in PTM, Race, it goes to 3500. everything else its 5k and basically just helps you lay nasty burnouts.
Pretty sure all the LC modes are 3500. But launch control can't be accessed from Touring mode. Only Sport mode w/ Competitive Driving traction mode on or in the PTM modes.