Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Install instructions:

https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/installation/23120544.pdf

Parts Breakdown:

*notes:

- You can trim the edge of the rear shields 3/8" instead of outright replacing them if desired. This prevents one from having to R&R the E-brake shoes, bearings, and shields.

- Some owners have opted to not swap the master cylinder. The V8 master can com from an SS, ZL1, or Z28. They're all the same part #.
Food for thought.... I was fortunate that I purchased a set of rear shields that usually come with he E-Brake shoes from the salvage yards. You can usually pick them up for $50.00-$60.00 for a set. Replacing the V6 shields was actually quite easy being I didn't have to screw with the E-brake shoes. Just need to make sure you have access to a foot pound torque wrench that will go to the required 199 foot pounds on the new wheel drive shaft nut.

I chose to replace them just to help in reducing the brake dust. My theory is if your going to do the job then take the time and do it correctly. I also changed the master cylinder out, replaced all caliper bolts and the axle nuts being they are torque to yield.

I spent some extra money and maybe 1.5 hours of my time but I now know the system well.

Larry