View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #228
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I find several issues with this...For one, that boost is WAY too high, there's literally physically no way that the 1.9L Eaton made 19 PSI. It probably would take a 2.4" + 10" pulley to get that number (Which is something like 50% over drive and there's no way you'd get the temps manageable). At 2.5 + 8.6 you're not even close, you should be at 14-15 pounds. Also, for a dynojet and for the mods (Heads/Cam/Ported Blower etc.) the power is, sorry to say, quite low even for 93. You should be able to hit 620-630 without having to open the engine for Cam/Heads or even a Ported Blower. If everything with the build is right and you were on your average dynojet, I see no reason that a car with that build should make less than 650-675 RWHP. It should push 700. If it was a hot day + exceptionally stingy dyno and a poor tune then maybe.

Did you get a baseline? Who tuned it? Did you check for belt slip? Cracked plugs? Is it pulling timing/spark knock or similar tuning things? It seems you're pretty light/have no cooling mods...A heat exchanger and expansion tank would do you a lot of good.
Yep. If it's an M6, then I'd think 700-725 on 93 on a DJ. A few folks here make 690 or so with an M6 and without the heads or ported blower. That's why I'm hoping it's an auto, otherwise it's significantly off the mark.

With the listed mods and an auto, I'm with you. I'd think maybe 660-675 on 93 on a DJ. I'm also surprised it's only running 62lb injectors- I'm guessing those are at the limit.

I'm not trying to give you any grief on your build, ghost. It just that I would want somebody to raise the flag for me if it were my car. Did your tuner happen to log IAT2 during the run? If your intercooler pump was not running, or you had air in the lines, or a pinched line, then you could be pulling a lot of timing which would lead to the lower than expected numbers.

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote