View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM   #19
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
After contemplating on color forever, finally decided to order a G2 brush on caliper paint kit in red from Amazon. I picked up some foam and detail brushes and a metal bristle brush and tackled this job this weekend.

First, I wiped down all the calipers with soapy water and let them dry. Then I sprayed them with the brake cleaner supplied with the G2 kit and used the metal bristle brush to make sure all the dirt was off and scuff up the surface area.

Second, I went in and masked off the brake discs/lines and brake pad areas and some of the fittings on the back of the caliper. Please ignore the rusty brake rotor hats, that will be a project for another day.

Third, I started with the brush supplied by G2 but found the strokes to dry uneven, so I finished the last 3 coats with the foam brush which resulted in a more even finish. Overall 4 coats with 20 minute drying time in between. I waited 24 hours to pull off the masking and applied the heat resistant decals I got off ebay.

Overall, super happy with the finished product. It looks factory and the paint dries flat and self levels with a nice glossy shine. I've gotten quite a few compliments on how it looks factory. If you have a full day to get this done, I recommend it. It's not a hard process but time consuming. Also wear a mask as the fumes from the paint are brutal! Enjoy the pics!
the red paint really matches spot-on with your rest of suspension parts
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote